The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

If Jalen Hurts falls short this year I imagine that Lamar Jackson will be the eagles QB next year.

Yea, our staff will say to themselves  "Jalen Hurts didn't work out, what we need is Jalen Hurts with a stronger arm. Let's trade a bunch of 1sts for him and make him the highest paid QB in the NFL"

If Hurts falls short, we're trading up and drafting a rookie. Or maybe trading a 3rd for Tannehill if the Titans want Malik to start next year. Lamar ain't coming here.

Curious what Hurts would go for in a trade if he puts up like 22 passing TD's, but everything else basically the same as last year, including struggling and losing in the wildcard round. Would someone give us a 1st? More than a 1st? A conditional 1st? A 2nd or even less?

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

If Jalen Hurts falls short this year I imagine that Lamar Jackson will be the eagles QB next year.

Thinks there's even less of chance Lamar will be a Eagle in 2023 then Jalen Hurts not being a Eagle.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

If Hurts falls short, we're trading up and drafting a rookie.

Only outcome I can see that doesn't involve Hurts as the starting QB in 2023.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

22' Bird Watch: QB Jalen Hurts: 3 Gms:  Att 65-97/  Comp 67%/ Pass 906 Yds/ 4 TD/  1 INT / 170 Rush yds/ 3 Rush TD

If you told me before the year we’d average 30 passes a game through the first 3, I would have told you we’d be in trouble. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

If you told me before the year we’d average 30 passes a game through the first 3, I would have told you we’d be in trouble. 

I would of probably agreed. Although I expected better QB play , I wasn't expecting this necessarily. 

Basically 1,100 yds 7TD? 3 gms? Nahhh. Take it

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I would of probably agreed. Although I expected better QB play , I wasn't expecting this necessarily. 

Basically 1,100 yds 7TD? 3 gms? Nahhh. Take it

I mean that’s over 6000 yards and about 40 TDs. lol Yes, we’ll take it. 

That would be a historic season. I expect some coming down to earth. But helluva start either way. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean that’s over 6000 yards and about 40 TDs. lol Yes, we’ll take it. 

That would be a historic season. I expect some coming down to earth. But helluva start either way. 

He is gunna come down to earth at some point, but even with some regression he will still be playing 1000x better than last season. Hurts has grown a lot. The team around him helps, but his mechanics are much better and he is seeing things better on the field. 

Hopefully we are paying him big bucks next offseason and this play continues. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

More important than any of that 

3-0

Well, sure. For now. But the long term future of the team is paramount. If Hurts works out, we could be talking 2000s all over again. Maybe dynasty? I’m getting ahead of myself. But seriously, that sets us up for a decade of success. 3-0 is nice but him turning into a legit cornerstone, franchise, perennial MVP candidate would be league altering.