The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

But seriously, that sets us up for a decade of success. 3-0 is nice but him turning into a legit cornerstone, franchise, perennial MVP candidate would be league altering. 

Not to mention the young talent already on the team and 2 1st rd picks in 2023 to help replace some of the Vets going out the door. 

Next few drafts are huge IF indeed we have found a FQBOTF in Hurts. Time will tell. 🤞

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is gunna come down to earth at some point, but even with some regression he will still be playing 1000x better than last season. Hurts has grown a lot. The team around him helps, but his mechanics are much better and he is seeing things better on the field. 

Hopefully we are paying him big bucks next offseason and this play continues. 

I agree. The way he is utilizing the whole field (cue @Danger’s spray chart) is a very good sign. He looked mildly uncomfortable today (especially on the ground) and still turned in a NFC PotW performance perhaps. It’s early and our opponents have been mostly meh, but he’s shown mostly everything what I needed to see out of him thus far. Anything I’d complain about would be nitpicking. The progression is real and looks legitimately sustainable. 

He needs to make some playoff noise. If he does that, dude will be taking Scrooge McDuck treasure baths. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not to mention the young talent already on the team and 2 1st rd picks in 2023 to help replace some of the Vets going out the door. 

Next few drafts are huge IF indeed we have found a FQBOTF in Hurts. Time will tell. 🤞

Would be amazing. We lock in a dominate DE and a DB that makes plays in the next couple drafts and Howie’s job is never questioned again. 

Thanks TRM. I would've got to that at some point today.

HnH8uRH.png

Brown and Smitty both getting the bulk of the targets. A bit higher than expected but still good to see the quality weapons put to use.

Something else really stands out about this chart to me though. Care to take a guess?

Quarterback Jalen Hurts has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for September after leading the Eagles to three straight wins to kick off the 2022 campaign. While doing so, he put up career-high performances, exemplifying his commitment to improvement as he navigates his second year as a full-time starter. Nonetheless, Hurts is laser-focused on the competitive season of football ahead; he says, "It's just the beginning."

• Like 2