The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

On 10/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Agreed. I didn’t have any real takeaways from Jags game due to weather, but he clearly struggled w/ happy feet vs AZ. Evacuated adequate pockets. Had the 1 turnover worthy throw. Probably a C game.

Nonetheless, he continues to show improvement. That clutch 3rd down conversion to Goedert late was great example of his growth. Checking into play and sticking in pocket to make throw. I’m still on the Hurts train but man, what a great test next week is. Will tell us a lot.

The happy feet absolutely showed its face again against the cards. However, every other aspect that he struggled with last season seemed completely improved. Timing, touch, actually going through multiple reads, even ball velocity, all looked night and day better.

I'm willing to give him a pass on bailing out of the pocket since basically 3/5 of the Oline was hurt as some point during that game. Probably messed with his sense of timing in the pocket. 

Yea, not really a good last two games for evaluating. Monsoon weather and a shambled OL. Apparently we ran a lot of 3 TE sets to help Driscoll. Not really fair to Jalen. We pieced a win together when things weren’t going great. It’s a good sign I think. Jalen’s won ball games in a multitude of ways even in a young season. I think we can thump the Cowboys if we get healthy up front. 

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nice piece on QB Coach Brian Johnson NFLN. 

Had no idea about his connections with Jalen. His dad coached Brian apparently and he's known Jalen since he was 4 years old. 

Smart add by Sirianni. 

Remember that around hiring, was nice to see it again. Decent shot he’s our OC next year. Wouldn’t be shocking to see Arizona go with Steichen.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Remember that around hiring, was nice to see it again. Decent shot he’s our OC next year. Wouldn’t be shocking to see Arizona go with Steichen.

I had my eye on Steichen as our replacement for Doug 2 years ago. Dude is legit.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I had my eye on Steichen as our replacement for Doug 2 years ago. Dude is legit.

Can’t imagine him not getting a look somewhere if we are doing this well.

Hopefully Nick can do way better than Doug in replenishing his staff. Think he will but gotta see it.

If the Colts continue to suck, Frank might get let go. Could return in some capacity.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:43 AM, Kiltman said:

Can’t imagine him not getting a look somewhere if we are doing this well.

Hopefully Nick can do way better than Doug in replenishing his staff. Think he will but gotta see it.

If the Colts continue to suck, Frank might get let go. Could return in some capacity.

Colts firing Frank would be a big mistake. Irsay thinks that team is better than it is because Reich took them to the playoffs with washed up Rivers thanks to a schedule similar to our schedule this year, but the Colts need to add a bunch of talent and a talented rookie QB that Frank can actually groom and develop. I think it's so ridiculous that Irsay essentially has a "QB whisperer" HC, but keeps giving him these vet QB's with baked-in bad habits and deteriorating physical ability rather than getting him a nice ball of clay to mold for the next 5+ years.

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Colts firing Frank would be a big mistake. Irsay thinks that team is better than it is because Reich took them to the playoffs with washed up Rivers thanks to a schedule similar to our schedule this year, but the Colts need to add a bunch of talent and a talented rookie QB that Frank can actually groom and develop. I think it's so ridiculous that Irsay essentially has a "QB whisperer" HC, but keeps giving him these vet QB's with baked-in bad habits and deteriorating physical ability rather than getting him a nice ball of clay to mold for the next 5+ years.

Yeah Ballard fence sitting GM approach seems to be the biggest culprit to their failure. Why his reputation grew so large I have no idea. Everyone was dealt a bad hand when Luck retired, but you get an excuse for a year or two, not 5 or 6.

51 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Be patient. You got McNabb eventually, Wentz eventually. Once we’re done using all the good out of Hurts, we’ll let you have him for a decent price too. 

Im good 

Hurts is the worst out of those two But keep hyping up I’m sure you’ll appreciate him when he leaves like you did to mcnabb and wentz .