Was AJ Brown Tennessee's best ever receiver?

notthatbluestuff

28 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's should only be the Titans IMO. Otherwise how do you differentiate between Browns WR and Ravens WR?

This is the only example where the Browns history stayed in Cleveland. The Oilers history stayed with Bud Adams’ franchise, it didn’t transfer to Bob McNair’s franchise.

Browns WRs are Browns WRs, Ravens are a completely different franchise - per the NFL in the agreement to let Art Modell move to Baltimore. @MWil23 can expand on this.

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Texans and Titans?

Two different franchises - Warren Moon isn’t the best QB in Texans history, Andre Johnson isn’t the best WR in Titans history.

Rule of thumb, follow the owner.

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's like asking who's the best Titans RB of all time? Is it Derrick Henry, Eddie George or does Earl Cambell count?

I’d 100% say Earl Campbell is in the discussion  - he’s still in every Titans record book, his information references the Titans in the Pro Football HoF. He’s listed as 2nd in career rushing yards for the franchise …per the franchise themselves. 

All things Oilers are associated with the franchise in Tennessee; From the color scheme to the accomplishments in the Astrodome. Those names and accolades left Houston with Bud Adams.

• Like 3

ET, I stand corrected. However I will never associate Earl Campbell as a Titans RB regardless of him being listed as the "Franchises" 2nd leading rusher. Nor Eddie George as a Oiler even though he "technically" spent his rookie season in Houston before the move.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, bigbadbuff said:

From a talent perspective when the player was on the team I’d say yes he’s easily their best receiver ever. 

I'm way late to this thread, but this in a nutshell.

If we are talking about receivers that were drafted by the Titans, then yes he was the best talent they've ever had.

Obviously didn't have the greatest career as a Titan, cause he was only there for 3 years.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

ET, I stand corrected. However I will never associate Earl Campbell as a Titans RB regardless of him being listed as the "Franchises" 2nd leading rusher. Nor Eddie George as a Oiler even though he "technically" spent his rookie season in Houston before the move.

Between us, I agree. Moon was a part of my Oilers team, not their Titans team. But… for these sort of conversations, the owner and the franchise trump the city. I 100% agree with you on how it SHOULD be. 

he has a solid case for the most talented homegrown WR tennessee has ever had, but mason's titans career and best single season are both easily superior. it was said earlier in the thread but bears repeating that mason is a criminally underrated WR of that era. dude was the goods.

Edited by -Hope-