4-5....Is Not the End of the World?

Ghostnote

4-5 is kind of the end lol. We don't suck but we aren't good. Injuries have really affected this season but McVay having a great year cannot be helping matters. If he's really this good of a headcoach how did someone in the front office not realize this and do whatever they can to keep him? 

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

4-5 is kind of the end lol. We don't suck but we aren't good. Injuries have really affected this season but McVay having a great year cannot be helping matters. If he's really this good of a headcoach how did someone in the front office not realize this and do whatever they can to keep him? 

Bruce Allen doesn’t want a strong Head Coach that’ll get all the credit.  

9 hours ago, mike23md said:

McVay was going to leave. There was no doubt about it. Outside of offering him more than $5M a year to call plays or just be an OC, there was absolutely no way he was not leaving. 

Should've just gave him the headcoach gig and moved on from Jay. 

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Should've just gave him the headcoach gig and moved on from Jay. 

So they would fire a HC after he had 2 winning records back to back for the first time for the franchise in 20 years for a 32 year old?

Totally a hindsight thought.

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, sure. Why not? 

I just think it was anything anyone seriously considered in Jan/Feb, it’s hindsight to say we should have now.  In fact, many people questioned the hiring of McVay by the Rams. 

I still think the greatest mistake that Gruden made was not hiring Wade Phillips. Phillips would have had our defense at least average in 2015 & 16 and we may have won 10 games and a playoff game in one of the seasons or both if Phillips was our defensive coordinator.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just think it was anything anyone seriously considered in Jan/Feb, it’s hindsight to say we should have now.  In fact, many people questioned the hiring of McVay by the Rams. 

I still think the greatest mistake that Gruden made was not hiring Wade Phillips. Phillips would have had our defense at least average in 2015 & 16 and we may have won 10 games and a playoff game in one of the seasons or both if Phillips was our defensive coordinator.

Dude, I know. It was tongue in cheek. I'm one of the ones who wanted McVay gone. I've said that. I was completely wrong about that situation. He's obviously the straw that stirred the drink and I didn't realize it. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude, I know. It was tongue in cheek. I'm one of the ones who wanted McVay gone. I've said that. I was completely wrong about that situation. He's obviously the straw that stirred the drink and I didn't realize it. 

Well, we haven’t exactly been poor w/o McVay. If we had kept Garçon or Djax we’d probably be the same as we were on offense the previous two years even w/ the loss of McVay.

Archived