2019 Prospects to Keep An Eye Out For

Elusive_Tiger

On 11/21/2017 at 8:29 PM, Ozzy said:

You can believe what you want, Kamara is a very talented player with a lot of potential but he is not a Hall of Fame player and he is not Marshall Faulk, one of the best running backs in the history of the NFL.  But yes in that Sean Payton offense that knows how to use backs on of the backfield he will do impressive things, but Cook played great before the injury, McCaffrey would be just as good on the Saints and is a better route runner as a RB than Kamara has been and Fournette is a flat out beast this year, not to mention Hunt.  So again many rookie backs are succeeding, so to call Kamara the far out winner in that draft class at RB is just not true, especially this early.  Oh and Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson and Todd Gurley doing kind of well and are all better than Kamara by far...  I do not see Kamara as a consistent Pro Bowl talent much less Hall of Famer but there is a long ways to go in his career will see, just is a little extreme prediction and comparison I would say with Faulk.

Faulk was the #2 overall pick in the draft, 7 time pro bowler, 3 time All pro and Pro Football Hall of Famer and College football Hall of Famer.  Oh and that was when they actually hit and could tackle aggressively in the NFL, so it makes Faulk's success even more impressive.  In the pass happy cannot touch you NFL pass defense now it is not as hard to be successful and get yards.  Sure the skills are better one could argue at catching and throwing but it is also made easier for the offense of course.  

As for college production, sure it is not the be all and end all but it does matter.  It is the best minor league system in pro sports arguably.  Thus LSU for example have many young defenders who I find to be far more impressive than Bituli and Warrior because they actually stop the offense from time to time.  Give me White and Delpit over Bituli and Warrior all day long.  

Oh and only two players in NFL history have had 1000 yards rushing and receiving.  Marshall Faulk did it one year and so did Roger Craig one season.  That is it, now Kamara is going to do it soon?  It is not that easy, even with the pass friendly rules of today....   

We'll see what happens.

All I know is, I got the same responses in April when I ranked Alvin Kamara the top RB in the 2017 Draft.

8 months later, he's the favorite (according to Vegas) to win Rookie of the Year.

Once the Saints let Mark Ingram go and it becomes the Alvin Kamara show, I'm confident you'll start to agree with me on just how special of a talent Kamara can be.

Small school guy to keep an eye on is Anthony Johnson from Buffalo. Cousin of Jadeveon Clowney.

Put up 76 catches for 1356 yards and 14 TDs this year, making him the NCAA's 2nd leading receiver as a junior, despite catching passes from 3 different QB's this year. Put up 11 for 140 and a TD again Minnesota. Best game of the year came against Western Michigan, where he put up 11/195/2.

Already very decent size, listed at 6' 2" and 207 lbs. A lot hinges on his speed, but I'd put him around a 4.40.

Archived