Do our Corners have our Backs, and Safely at that...?

vike daddy

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Rhodes seems to have slowed down. I don't know what the stats say, but it looks like he's getting beat more often.

He played pretty well until he lost his cool on that Sendejo hit.
I don't know if they showed it on TV but it turned into a big scrappy fight with him and some other players on the field. Everybody was shocked no flag was thrown. Players had to basically carry him off.

Let up that TD to Thomas, then got hurt again on that tackle on the far side of the field. You could see him limping around out there.

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

He played pretty well until he lost his cool on that Sendejo hit.
I don't know if they showed it on TV but it turned into a big scrappy fight with him and some other players on the field. Everybody was shocked no flag was thrown. Players had to basically carry him off.

Let up that TD to Thomas, then got hurt again on that tackle on the far side of the field. You could see him limping around out there.

I thought I saw a flag thrown. I was surprised there wasn't a penalty

The original angle they showed on broadcast did not make it look like a anyhting but a mistake. But there is another angle where you can see that Thomas indeed sees Sendejo and appears to give him a forearm to the helmet.

I think it would be hard to prove intent because Rhodes was right in front of Thomas and he really have much of an option other then to run into Sendejo. But then again it also looks like it was a designed pick play too to help get Zach Line free on the wheel route but Rhodes saw that at the last moment and came off right when Thomas hit Sendejo. On the angle it really looks like Thomas puts his shoulder into the hit with a forearm to the face so I can see why Rhodes was pissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePZ_FAxg1Hw 

Watching it a few more times. I don't think there was intent to knock out or hit in the head. I think there was intent to pick off Sendejo. Probably should have been offensive pass interference, though, might have been close enough to the line of scrimmage to not be a penalty. If I were the NFL rules committee, I'd adjust it so that it's at the line of scrimmage it isn't considered a pick, otherwise it is because it is dangerous for defenders, even without intent.

Archived