Do our Corners have our Backs, and Safely at that...?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Terence Newman:  "I want to play [next season], because we made it to an NFC Championship. We fell short. We fell way short. I want to be able to have an opportunity to win a ring. It’s that simple.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/01/terence-newman-wants-to-play-next-season/

It sucks that we weren't able to win it for him.  I think that he should probably retire but if he's ready to go all in one more year,  I'd probably bring him back and try to limit his snaps as much as possible even potentially having him inactive on some game daysif he's being out played. 

Then draft a CB to develop within the first 3 rounds

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It sucks that we weren't able to win it for him.  I think that he should probably retire but if he's ready to go all in one more year,  I'd probably bring him back and try to limit his snaps as much as possible even potentially having him inactive on some game daysif he's being out played. 

Then draft a CB to develop within the first 3 rounds

Could always go after Leon Hall or Johnathan Joseph. Two former Bengals who've played under Zimmer.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings need to find Newman’s replacement, regardless if he comes back or not. Last thing we want to to rely on a 40 year old CB. Even if he has been playing at a high level. 

Hopefully Alexander takes another step

• 2 weeks later...

Analytics sites have paid attention to Harrison Smith all season, consistently grading him as the league’s top safety, and this week Sam Monson pegged Smith third overall in PFF’s annual “Top 101 Players” list. Monson said that Smith was the NFL’s best player across all positions during the regular season, but he “dropped a couple of spots” on the list after the Vikings struggled defensively against the Eagles in the NFC Championship game. 

Coming in at Nos. 1 and 2 on Monson’s list were Rams DT Aaron Donald and Patriots QB Tom Brady.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Harrison-Smith-Ranked-by-PFF-as-No-3-Player-in-NFL-/1757157e-8f0d-4c3a-8436-af019eba5a3c?sf181795907=1

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I recall many arguments between Vikings fans and Cowboys fans on this forum about Winfield vs Newman, so much time has passed since then. I still side with Winfield tbh. 

I would as well.  At their peaks, Winfield was still a better DB than Newman, but both were still pretty good on their own accord.  

On 6/25/2018 at 9:36 AM, disaacs said:

I would as well.  At their peaks, Winfield was still a better DB than Newman, but both were still pretty good on their own accord.  

I'd give Newman a slight advantage in coverage, but Winfield a huge advantage in tackling. I'll go with Winfield.

Archived