NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Draft next week. FA the week after. Gonna be an interesting couple weeks. FA class sucks but the offseason has always been about offseason trades that make the offseason so crazy imo. 

Hopefully some good vet FA want to take a lot less to ring chase. 

Interested to see who the Warriors decide to bring back.

"The issue I see for Detroit is that it likely will cost them something to pull off because Ayton is a restricted free agent. Even if Phoenix is reluctant to bring him back, the Suns are better off matching an offer sheet rather than letting him leave for nothing. On the other hand, a return in a sign-and-trade could reshape their roster in a way that keeps them below the luxury tax line and still allows them to compete next year.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to draw a throughline to Jerami Grant here. If not the  Pistons, the other two strong fits I see are in Portland and San Antonio."

@BigC421/

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, indifference said:

They need a damn PG like yesterday. Dame is a lofty goal but someone who can help initiate the offense and create their own shot consistently.

Malcolm Brogdon seems like the most viable veteran PG option for you.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Derrick White, Aaron Nesmith and a 1 gets it done.

Brogdon fits well if he can stay healthy although I know that they were happy with Smart at the 1 because of the size it gave them on the perimeter.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Brogdon fits well if he can stay healthy although I know that they were happy with Smart at the 1 because of the size it gave them on the perimeter.

Doesn't cost them that much to go get Brogdon, really. They keep their core together and gamble on a viable starting guard, giving them more flexibility overall.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Doesn't cost them that much to go get Brogdon, really. They keep their core together and gamble on a viable starting guard, giving them more flexibility overall.

I want the Jazz to pursue him too but I'm not sure how we could make a deal work.