NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

If Payton II and Looney return on a $6 million per year salary and the remaining roster is filled out with their first-round pick and players signed to the veteran minimum, Golden State is projected to spend $390 million in salary and tax penalties.

That number increases to $430 million if they use their $6.4 million tax midlevel exception on a player like Porter Jr. The Warriors bypassed on using the tax midlevel last year and filled out the roster with players signed to the veteran minimum

Edited by NYRaider

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Joe Ingles always seemed like a easy fit with the Warriors with how he plays. Know there was interest in him before so maybe something happens this offseason with him

The Jazz had actually agreed to a deal that would've sent Joe to the Warriors but Quin vetoed it last minute.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Replaces Smart with a guy that has averaged 28 ppg/6 apg over the last 3 seasons?

Adding a guy with that scoring to a team that already has brown and Tatum will only slightly improve team scoring. Someone will take a step back and the team D will be way worse. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Adding a guy with that scoring to a team that already has brown and Tatum will only slightly improve team scoring. Someone will take a step back and the team D will be way worse. 

Beal is a significant upgrade offensively over Smart as a scorer, shooter, and playmaker. Their offense struggled down the stretch of the series against the Warriors scoring 97, 94, and 90 in the last three games. While DPOY Marcus Smart got absolutely cooked by Curry. Assuming they keep Horford I don't think their defense would really be much worse. 

Awfully quiet around the kings and pick 4. I can’t find any rumors about a possible trade or even trade targets they’ve shown interest in. Outside of someone making the obvious “Kings will have interest in Looney with Brown coming to town” I haven’t heard a thing. McNair has been fairly stealthy with his moves but just seems weird for everything to be so quiet if they truly were thinking of moving that pick.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Awfully quiet around the kings and pick 4. I can’t find any rumors about a possible trade or even trade targets they’ve shown interest in. Outside of someone making the obvious “Kings will have interest in Looney with Brown coming to town” I haven’t heard a thing. McNair has been fairly stealthy with his moves but just seems weird for everything to be so quiet if they truly were thinking of moving that pick.

Reportedly the Wizards/Kings have had discussions about a #10/Kuzma for #4 swap. Which makes sense because you guys were interested in Kuzma last offseason and actually had agreed to a Hield/Kuzma swap before the Lakers traded for Westbrook. 

Edited by NYRaider