NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers are going to trade for Buddy and Turner next. 

Bev - Buddy - Bron - AD - Turner 

If they're healthy in the playoffs they could make a title run.

healthy is key. coach Ham will need to manage those injury prone guys mins smartly.

I get the Hield infatuation he’s a prolific all timer made threes per game but do the LAL really want his $18M contract on the books next summer? If they grab Hield - that again removes them from Kyrie signing a max there. This is of course under the assumption the Lakers have trouble trading Hield (an expiring contract) 

I like Nunn and Reaves too part of their playoff rotation at guard. Walker IV we’ll see how he fits. That Lakers squad is probably a top 5 seed (even healthy) - defensively thats a scary big team with AD at 4.

Turner will actually need to be prepared for touches against the smaller matchups. Hope his post game is good

58 minutes ago, indifference said:

I get the Hield infatuation he’s a prolific all timer made threes per game but do the LAL really want his $18M contract on the books next summer? If they grab Hield - that again removes them from Kyrie signing a max there. This is of course under the assumption the Lakers have trouble trading Hield (an expiring contract) 

They can't sign Kyrie to a max with just LeBron and AD.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

They can't sign Kyrie to a max with just LeBron and AD.

unless im reading this wrong..or bron could opt out to take less and make it work . thats not what this article is saying but its possible option

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/los-angeles-lakers-tht-patbev-cap-space-free-agents-kyrie-lebron 

Edited by indifference

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Anyone who thought that the Jazz would want an RJ Barrett on the verge of an inevitable (overpaying) extension is a dope. He's our problem for 5 years and no one else's!

Halts the Mitchell trade talks, at least temporarily.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Seeing what Gobert and Mitchell went for, is there a team that even has the assets to pull of a Giannis trade?

I'm assuming you mean with other teams not giving up their best player. It would depend on Milwaukee's opinion of young players.

24 hours ago Cleveland could have put together a deal around Mobley. Same thing with Toronto around Scottie Barnes. OKC before Chet's injury. But again...depends on Milwaukee's opinions of those players.

In an alternate universe where Giannis demands a trade, I think New Orleans has enough to make an offer that Milwaukee would be okay receiving.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm assuming you mean with other teams not giving up their best player. It would depend on Milwaukee's opinion of young players.

24 hours ago Cleveland could have put together a deal around Mobley. Same thing with Toronto around Scottie Barnes. OKC before Chet's injury. But again...depends on Milwaukee's opinions of those players.

In an alternate universe where Giannis demands a trade, I think New Orleans has enough to make an offer that Milwaukee would be okay receiving.

New Orleans might be the only real option and I'd need Zion back in order to even consider it. Giannis would never do it (he's leveraging himself to get Khris one last payday with those Bulls comments lol), but it'd take a pretty substantial proven piece and then picks in order for it to happen. 

We could get all our picks back from them and their first rounders as well as LA's first, as it stands. Fun to think about.

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

New Orleans might be the only real option and I'd need Zion back in order to even consider it. Giannis would never do it (he's leveraging himself to get Khris one last payday with those Bulls comments lol), but it'd take a pretty substantial proven piece and then picks in order for it to happen. 

We could get all our picks back from them and their first rounders as well as LA's first, as it stands. Fun to think about.

Zion, Dyson Daniels, Herb Jones, and Trey Murphy III

And then...

2023 New Orleans 1st Round Pick, 2024 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2025 Milwaukee 1st Round Pick, 2025 New Orleans 1st Round Pick, 2027 Milwaukee 1st Round Pick, 2027 New Orleans 1st Round pick

Eliminate pick swaps for Milwaukee in 2024 and 2026.

Create new pick swaps for 2024 and 2026.

That leaves New Orleans with a lineup of...

PG: Jose Alvarado / Devonte Graham
SG: CJ McCollum / Garrett Temple
SF: Brandon Ingram / Naji Marshall
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo / Larry Nance
C : Jonas Valanciunuas / Jaxson Hayes

I'd only do that if I'm New Orleans if Giannis agrees to an extension beforehand. Otherwise it isn't worth it.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Zion, Dyson Daniels, Herb Jones, and Trey Murphy III

And then...

2023 New Orleans 1st Round Pick, 2024 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2025 Milwaukee 1st Round Pick, 2025 New Orleans 1st Round Pick, 2027 Milwaukee 1st Round Pick, 2027 New Orleans 1st Round pick

Eliminate pick swaps for Milwaukee in 2024 and 2026.

Create new pick swaps for 2024 and 2026.

That leaves New Orleans with a lineup of...

PG: Jose Alvarado / Devonte Graham
SG: CJ McCollum / Garrett Temple
SF: Brandon Ingram / Naji Marshall
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo / Larry Nance
C : Jonas Valanciunuas / Jaxson Hayes

I'd only do that if I'm New Orleans if Giannis agrees to an extension beforehand. Otherwise it isn't worth it.

Well, it would need to be adjusted for next offseason considering Zion is a poison pill contract right now and it's impossible to match money because of that. That's a deal I take if he wants out. He's gonna retire a Buck but that's not the thought experiment we're trying to achieve here lol.