NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

6 hours ago, catcheryea said:

if you have  cade and bey who you think will be two major contributors 3 years you don't want to waste their time playing out of position. we saw that with cade and hayes this year. once it became clear that it was better for cade to have the ball they hid killian in a corner until he got hurt and started coming off the bench. bey isn't big or athletic enough or even really cerebral enough to guard bigger 4s. mathurin certainly can't do it either. so your options are start those 4 and stewart and get killed on defense and rebounding or bring mathurin off the bench and start bagley at the 4. the stewart-bagley lineups were absolutely atrocious for spacing last year and if you replace joseph with ivey it's only going to be worse. and at the end of the day the person that hurts most is cade and his development is by far the most important thing about the next couple years.

you obviously don't need have a strict 1-2-3-4-5 lineup but you need to have the right personnel to put guys in spots that will help them succeed

I would assume 1 of the rookies is coming of the bench. I’m not really making my roster decisions based on the upcoming season so much as long term. I’m not really interested in over paying guys so we can be more competitive this year.  I like Bey but I’m not passing on better talent just because he’s on the roster. If this team becomes a serious contender he’s likely coming of the bench anyway.  I’m excited for the future either way I just prefer patients considering this is all being built around a 20 year old

10 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I would assume 1 of the rookies is coming of the bench. I’m not really making my roster decisions based on the upcoming season so much as long term. I’m not really interested in over paying guys so we can be more competitive this year.  I like Bey but I’m not passing on better talent just because he’s on the roster. If this team becomes a serious contender he’s likely coming of the bench anyway.  I’m excited for the future either way I just prefer patients considering this is all being built around a 20 year old

I'm interested to see what you guys get back for Grant.

Just now, NYRaider said:

That’s absolute robbery. Even if he’s *** on defense we haven’t made a robbery of a deal like this in my life pretty much. Not counting the Luka/Dirk trades.

Brunson | Dinwiddie

Bullock | THJ

Luka | Me

DFS | Kleber

Wood | Powell

still need a better backup center and a backup wing.