NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think an Ayton for Stewart and Killian Hayes/Cory Joseph would work for the Suns.  Significantly less money than taking on Turner, gives them young depth and Stewart would be fine there not being an offensive option given the Suns didnt seem to utilize Ayton anyways on that end.  Its not elite return but its solid pieces and still gives Detroit leverage to move Grant for a pick. 

they would absolutely not do this

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think an Ayton for Stewart and Killian Hayes/Cory Joseph would work for the Suns.  Significantly less money than taking on Turner, gives them young depth and Stewart would be fine there not being an offensive option given the Suns didnt seem to utilize Ayton anyways on that end.  Its not elite return but its solid pieces and still gives Detroit leverage to move Grant for a pick. 

The Grant trade will have to happen within the next week if he's going to be moved for a pick but it sounds like the Blazers have cooled on him. Ayton also has to be interested in going wherever they S&T him and the Raptors/Hawks are reportedly interested and can offer significantly better pieces back. Turner is also a significantly better pieces that allows them to stay in contention in the West. 

If the Suns want an 8/8 guy they could just sign Mitchell Robinson in free agency. I personally just don't see any scenario that Ayton lands with the Pistons if Grant isn't included.

Wizards have inquired about Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Dejounte Murray and Malcolm Brogdon?

But, sticking to the theme of Sheppard’s comments from April, Washington has also cast a wide net in hopes of pairing a more established floor general beside Beal. League sources say they’ve checked in with Oklahoma City regarding Shai Gilgeous Alexander, San Antonio regarding Dejounte Murray, and Indiana regarding Malcom Brogdon. Beal is believed to welcome the acquisition of either three, I’m told

Edited by NYRaider

11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Ew. That absolutely does not work for the Suns.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Grant trade will have to happen within the next week if he's going to be moved for a pick but it sounds like the Blazers have cooled on him. Ayton also has to be interested in going wherever they S&T him and the Raptors/Hawks are reportedly interested and can offer significantly better pieces back. Turner is also a significantly better pieces that allows them to stay in contention in the West. 

If the Suns want an 8/8 guy they could just sign Mitchell Robinson in free agency. I personally just don't see any scenario that Ayton lands with the Pistons if Grant isn't included.

Mitch Robinson at 13 mil a year or Stewart at 4-5 over the next two?  The Suns don't want to pay him, and albeit Stewart took a step back this year, is a good enough role player on a cheap deal given his production.  

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Mitch Robinson at 13 mil a year or Stewart at 4-5 over the next two?  The Suns don't want to pay him, and albeit Stewart took a step back this year, is a good enough role player on a cheap deal given his production.  

Who's paying Mitchell Robinson $13M in free agency? And the Suns don't seem to have any issue paying a center, they just don't want to pay Ayton $30M+

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If they release their cap hold on Ian Mahinmi then #10 for Brogdon works financially too.

Pacers would be dumb not to do that if offered. 

Take AJ Griffin at 6 (assuming Murray and Ivey go 4/5), Jeremy Sochan at 10, trade Turner for Ayton in a S&T.

Haliburton
Duarte
Griffin
Sochan
Ayton

Is a stellar young core.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Pacers would be dumb not to do that if offered. 

Take AJ Griffin at 6, Jeremy Sochan at 10, trade Turner for Ayton in a S&T.

Haliburton
Duarte
Griffin
Sochan
Ayton

Is a stellar young core.

Also gives them a clean slate financially outside of the Ayton deal but they'd have all of those guys under control for the foreseeable future.

With all the talk about trying to get a team to Vegas I think a smart move could be 

Bring a team back to Seattle 

Start a team in Vegas

both both of them in the western conference 

put Memphis in the east. 

thats 32 teams now. I think that’d be the way to do it.