NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Really looking forward to summer league this year. Kuminga, Wiseman and Moody all should be playing. 

19,20,and a 21 year old with great upsides playing for one of the best teams at player development.

22 minutes ago, billking said:

19,20,and a 21 year old with great upsides playing for one of the best teams at player development.

Kuminga is going to be so good, I have mixed feelings about Wiseman, I like Moody but don't think he'll ever be super great.

9 hours ago, catcheryea said:

man-walks-in-grave-guy-go-in-grave-pit-v

It’s not always about trying to fit some lineup together so much as adding talent at this point.  Not everyone (especially 2 rookies) has to start right away.  Cunningham, Ivey, Mathurin and Bey are all guys that can guard multiple positions.  Chasing a starting lineup is a great way to reach for a bust. 

58 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

It’s not always about trying to fit some lineup together so much as adding talent at this point.  Not everyone (especially 2 rookies) has to start right away.  Cunningham, Ivey, Mathurin and Bey are all guys that can guard multiple positions.  Chasing a starting lineup is a great way to reach for a bust. 

So if that's the scenario why would you pass on Ayton?

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Hawks reportedly offered Collins, Huerter, and #16 for Rudy but we declined immediately. 

I had heard the same, but Hunter in place of Huerter.  Atlanta would need a 3rd team for Capela, I would imagine.  Utah is in an interesting spot right now.  

Is there a headliner out there they could get for Gobert greater than Collins, or do you think they don't love JC, in general? 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You guys don't really have any huge contracts on your books or anyone worth extending on a significant deal anytime soon. Plus Detroit isn't really a free agent destination. I wouldn't max out Sexton but I think he's a good fit with Cade if it's a reasonable contract like 18-20M APY. Ayton I think would be worth a max/Grant swap. The player you land at 7 in a best case scenario is an Ayton level player. 

I agree on Ayton but not sure I want to give Grant in that deal. If they dont want to match Ayton and want something back, they can have Stewart or Olynyk back to play C.  Then still flip Grant for a pick in the 7-10 range and hope for Griffin or Sharpe. 

I dont want Sexton if we get Ivey because Cade isnt a 3 and it would just be crowded.  

I would be ok with Sexton if we end up with Murray.  Adding two scorers like that would be huge for this team taking the next step forward.  

5 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

if you have  cade and bey who you think will be two major contributors 3 years you don't want to waste their time playing out of position. we saw that with cade and hayes this year. once it became clear that it was better for cade to have the ball they hid killian in a corner until he got hurt and started coming off the bench. bey isn't big or athletic enough or even really cerebral enough to guard bigger 4s. mathurin certainly can't do it either. so your options are start those 4 and stewart and get killed on defense and rebounding or bring mathurin off the bench and start bagley at the 4. the stewart-bagley lineups were absolutely atrocious for spacing last year and if you replace joseph with ivey it's only going to be worse. and at the end of the day the person that hurts most is cade and his development is by far the most important thing about the next couple years.

you obviously don't need have a strict 1-2-3-4-5 lineup but you need to have the right personnel to put guys in spots that will help them succeed

4 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I had heard the same, but Hunter in place of Huerter.  Atlanta would need a 3rd team for Capela, I would imagine.  Utah is in an interesting spot right now.  

Is there a headliner out there they could get for Gobert greater than Collins, or do you think they don't love JC, in general? 

The hold up right now is that the Jazz want Hunter but the Hawks want to send Huerter.

I'm not really a huge fan of JC on his current deal and don't think he moves the needle for us. I'd prefer to keep Rudy.

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree on Ayton but not sure I want to give Grant in that deal. If they dont want to match Ayton and want something back, they can have Stewart or Olynyk back to play C.  Then still flip Grant for a pick in the 7-10 range and hope for Griffin or Sharpe. 

I dont want Sexton if we get Ivey because Cade isnt a 3 and it would just be crowded.  

I would be ok with Sexton if we end up with Murray.  Adding two scorers like that would be huge for this team taking the next step forward.  

If the Suns are going to flip Ayton in a S&T they're going to want something valuable back. Because if he signs a max offer sheet then his deal will be $35M less than if they signed him to a max and they can always just match it then trade him later to a team who would have him under control for 4 seasons. They're not going to just scrape the bottom of the barrel and receive someone like Olynyk back just to do it. 

I'd assume that Sexton/Ivey are mutually exclusive.

Jerami Grant widely expected to be traded this summer

Thanks to former No. 1 overall draft pick Cade Cunningham, the Detroit Pistons have a lot to look forward to in the coming years. However, building the roster around Cunningham may also require the Pistons to make some moves to better suit the young star. That could be part of the reason why Jerami Grant is reportedly “widely expected” to be moved in the near future. “The incumbent is widely expected to be on the move this summer, as he’s entering the final year of his contract and doesn’t look to be on the same timetable as the rest of the Pistons’ roster,” ESPN’s Jonathan Givony wrote regarding Grant.

76ers gauging trade interest in Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, Furkan Korkmaz and Shake Milton

The 76ers are trying to put things in place ahead of the June 23 NBA draft and free agency. Multiple league sources have said the team is gauging team’s interest in Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, Furkan Korkmaz and Shake Milton, in addition to potential trade partners for Danny Green and the No. 23 pick.