NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are a couple scenarios where they could potentially keep Hart if they got a third team involved that was willing to take on Bledsoe's expiring deal and send the Nets something.

Lillard - Hart - Durant - Grant - Nurkic

Yeah, they have options. They could use that McCollum TPE to bring in some depth pieces too. The only thing that would stand in their way is whether or not their owners (Paul Allen's trust) would be willing to go deep into the tax to chase with KD and Lillard.

They have $30 Million in TPEs that they could use to fill out the rest of their roster if they so choose. They also would probably just go the vet min route to fill out their depth to save money if need be.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, they have options. They could use that McCollum TPE to bring in some depth pieces too. The only thing that would stand in their way is whether or not their owners (Paul Allen's trust) would be willing to go deep into the tax to chase with KD and Lillard.

They have $30 Million in TPEs that they could use to fill out the rest of their roster if they so choose. They also would probably just go the vet min route to fill out their depth to save money if need be.

They used there McCollum exception on Grant is what I read. 

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Blazers receive: Kevin Durant

Nets receive: Shaedon Sharpe, Anfernee Simons, Josh Hart, Keon Johnson, Justice Winslow, Milwaukee 2025 1st, Blazers 2025 1st, pick swaps

That Bucks pick been moved several times now

7 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

They used there McCollum exception on Grant is what I read. 

Pretty sure the trade just opened a TPE for the Pistons since they didn't take back any salary but I could be wrong. TPEs are tricky lol.

EDIT - Yeah, it's hard. They may have used the TPE on Grant based on how John Hollinger's article for The Athletic worded it. Wonder if they had to use it due to cap holds?

Edited by beekay414

Still, they have a few other smaller cap holds to use on guys should they want to send some 2nd rounders out to fill out their bench and they have Bledsoe's expiring to use if they don't want to move Hart, which I don't think they would.

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:
21 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Feel like this is all a leverage play. I’ll believe he’s not a Net when it happens.

I'd typically agree but if there's anyone that is going to break the norm and force his way somewhere it's Kyrie.

Do you really think the Nets are gonna blow it all up? 

I saw on the previous page you talking about a KD trade.

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Do you really think the Nets are gonna blow it all up? 

I saw on the previous page you talking about a KD trade.

With then playing hard ball with Kyrie, it sounds like they may be doing it to themselves. No Kyrie, presumably no KD and they might not really have a say in the matter.