Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

56 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Is there anyone here who actually believes in Will Levis?

The problem is Anthony Richardson. Levis and Richardson are both boom or bust prospects & Richardson’s boom is that of the best QB of all-time. He’s obviously very very far away from that, but traits-wise, he makes Levis look bad by comparison. All of the allure of Levis disappeared when AR’s stock rose. 

On 3/19/2023 at 5:19 PM, General Tso said:

Is there anyone here who actually believes in Will Levis?

Like Richardson, I believe in him IF he goes to the right situation. I think Shane Steichen in Indy could be such a case. The only way I'd 100% believe in the pick is if it was like Andy Reid though.

Richardson is such a weird one. Being a Gator fan and watching him this year with so much hope, I was so let down by him. It's hard for me to believe in him. But then again, I didn't believe in Josh Allen either, and that bit me in the butt. So it's a tough call because I know the physical talent and work ethic are there. But I also don't want to overcorrect because I was wrong about one guy.

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Richardson is such a weird one. Being a Gator fan and watching him this year with so much hope, I was so let down by him. It's hard for me to believe in him. But then again, I didn't believe in Josh Allen either, and that bit me in the butt. So it's a tough call because I know the physical talent and work ethic are there. But I also don't want to overcorrect because I was wrong about one guy.

especially given the guy you were wrong about is an outlier among outliers.

Levis is total trash. Arm talent is great, fine, but even college is too fast for him. I see his receivers shaking their heads after the ball is a day late to them and they’ve already been lit up by the DB.

he can’t lead a receiver, he has to verify a picture before he throws it (a see it and throw it QB), he has zero pocket awareness. He’s not a QB. His arm is, that’s it.

he’s a beefy Zach Wilson with a better work ethic 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Levis is total trash. Arm talent is great, fine, but even college is too fast for him. I see his receivers shaking their heads after the ball is a day late to them and they’ve already been lit up by the DB.

he can’t lead a receiver, he has to verify a picture before he throws it (a see it and throw it QB), he has zero pocket awareness. He’s not a QB. His arm is, that’s it.

Bingo. He might fall to the very end of the 1st. The other three are going Top 5. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I feel like that will make a significant difference--especially the work ethic. I definitely see a path for Levis to be not only an NFL starter--but an elite player. A lot of people point to Josh Allen, but not a lot of people believed in Justin Herbert and there was a lot of skepticism around Patrick Mahomes, too. And, it's not like Levis hasn't shown incredible ability during a full game, either. He had a lot of quality starts in 2021.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like that will make a significant difference--especially the work ethic. I definitely see a path for Levis to be not only an NFL starter--but an elite player. A lot of people point to Josh Allen, but not a lot of people believed in Justin Herbert and there was a lot of skepticism around Patrick Mahomes, too. And, it's not like Levis hasn't shown incredible ability during a full game, either. He had a lot of quality starts in 2021.

Counterpoint is that Levis is pretty old at this point so you'd think he'd have more to show for his work ethic is there was really something there to build on. The big monkey wrench with him is how injured you think he was last season and how much that hindered him from the season prior as a base to build on.

Did Josh Allen have terrible vision, poor footwork, poor pocket awareness and no instincts in the pass game? I know he wasn’t the most accurate of QBs coming out, but my main issue with Levis is that a receiver has to be open for a while before he’s throwing. See it then throw it QBs never work out in the NFL

I can see the strengths with Levis. He is a big plus athlete that hangs strong in the pocket. Has great mobility, a super quick release, gets the ball out on time, has excellent short accuracy where he hits WRs in stride. Has the arm strength and willingness to put the ball into tight windows.

That said, he makes some terrible decisions and some “wtf” throws that are reminiscent of Brandon Weeden. 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Are you saying Levis has terrible footwork and pocket awareness? Those are definitely strengths of his. 

you’re kidding? He gets lit up so many times in the pocket because he’s unaware of what’s coming. 

as for footwork, not an expert, but he looks frantic in his lower body. From 12:10 here;