Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Richardson is hardly a lab QB. His accuracy is dreadful. He was missing passes at the combine w/ gym shorts and no rush lol. He has awful footwork. Can't put touch on his throws often. Struggles w/ anticipation among other things. How is that "lab QB"? Stop looking at the poster on your wall when talking about him and look at it for what it is.

So Levis and Richardson have good size. Same. Both have strong arms (typing it in caps doesn't make it any better so I'll refrain from giving into your lovefest for Richardson). Richardson is absolutely as raw as Levis lol. Your love is blinding you and basically everyone can see it except you so no need to try to change your mind. Those test scores that leaked were told to be false and who cares? Both have awful accuracy issues. Both have bad mechanics. Both are complete projects.

So, again, you wrote all this to basically say Levis and Richardson are the same except you (emphasis on that) think Levis panics more often.

Even if you think all of that, Richardson is still nearly 3 full years younger making him the no brainer choice if you want a “project” QB. Levis is far too old to be considered an upside pick, lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Richardson is hardly a lab QB. His accuracy is dreadful. He was missing passes at the combine w/ gym shorts and no rush lol. He has awful footwork. Can't put touch on his throws often. Struggles w/ anticipation among other things. How is that "lab QB"? Stop looking at the poster on your wall when talking about him and look at it for what it is.

So Levis and Richardson have good size. Same. Both have strong arms (typing it in caps doesn't make it any better so I'll refrain from giving into your lovefest for Richardson). Richardson is absolutely as raw as Levis lol. Your love is blinding you and basically everyone can see it except you so no need to try to change your mind. Those test scores that leaked were told to be false and who cares? Both have awful accuracy issues. Both have bad mechanics. Both are complete projects.

So, again, you wrote all this to basically say Levis and Richardson are the same except you (emphasis on that) think Levis panics more often.

They are not the same at all lol. But debating with you is like debating with a wall as always. Richardson is already more accurate. You cherry picked a lot of things to reply to. How about Levis underthrowing everything? Even 10 yard out routes? Also where is Levi’s beautiful dimes deep? That’s rare. Levi’s arm has been overrated this entire process. His arm reminds me of Derek Carr. LASER first 20 yards, but his ball starts to sail  past the 25 yard mark leading to a lot of ducks. It’s one of those arms where inside 25 yards the velocity is INCREDIBLE. Stafford, Allen, Mahomes type velocity in that range. But it fades deep. Richardson’s maintains velocity deep. Richardson’s arm is right there in Mahomes, Herbert tier. Levi’s arm isn’t. 

You also didn’t reply to the fact that Richardson can be used as a dual threat QB like Hurts and Lamar and have his own scheme designed for him, just like the Ravens and Eagles designed schemes for those two. The dude runs a 4.4 and 240lbs. Give him a Hurts style scheme and he can dominate. Also, those type of schemes, open up the passing game as well. You can’t put Levis in the same scheme. Levis is athletic and mobile but he’s not a dual threat weapon. If you are telling me Levis is a dual threat weapon like Fields, Lamar, and Hurts, you have no idea what you are talking about at all. 

They are nothing close to the same prospect. That’s so lazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanMullen said:

Even if you think all of that, Richardson is still nearly 3 full years younger making him the no brainer choice if you want a “project” QB. Levis is far too old to be considered an upside pick, lol.

That's fine but it's not really the debate lol. I don't want either of them and will be very thankful if neither are picked at 7

56 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They are not the same at all lol. But debating with you is like debating with a wall as always. Richardson is already more accurate. You cherry picked a lot of things to reply to. How about Levis underthrowing everything? Even 10 yard out routes? Also where is Levi’s beautiful dimes deep? That’s rare. Levi’s arm has been overrated this entire process. His arm reminds me of Derek Carr. LASER first 20 yards, but his ball starts to sail  past the 25 yard mark leading to a lot of ducks. It’s one of those arms where inside 25 yards the velocity is INCREDIBLE. Stafford, Allen, Mahomes type velocity in that range. But it fades deep. Richardson’s maintains velocity deep. Richardson’s arm is right there in Mahomes, Herbert tier. Levi’s arm isn’t. 

You also didn’t reply to the fact that Richardson can be used as a dual threat QB like Hurts and Lamar and have his own scheme designed for him, just like the Ravens and Eagles designed schemes for those two. The dude runs a 4.4 and 240lbs. Give him a Hurts style scheme and he can dominate. Also, those type of schemes, open up the passing game as well. You can’t put Levis in the same scheme. Levis is athletic and mobile but he’s not a dual threat weapon. If you are telling me Levis is a dual threat weapon like Fields, Lamar, and Hurts, you have no idea what you are talking about at all. 

They are nothing close to the same prospect. That’s so lazy. 

Lol thanks for the compliment. I want you to think it's like talking to a wall. That's a good thing when it comes from you.

Also just had to mention Carr in your post lol. You absolutely can't get him off your mind.

We already went over they're both wildly inaccurate, guy. Both have massive issues there. Your fluff words don't change anything either. We know you have a hard-on for Richardson. Keep the fluff words down.

And yes, Levis can't run that type of offense as well but let's not pretend he's not athletic enough to have those plays available for him bc we know that's true. 

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was just making a connection between what people say during the draft and how people view guys like Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields as actual pros. Jackson if I'm not mistaken is available for anybody right now and there is nobody knocking the Ravens door down to trade the picks/money to get him despite him being the greatest running threat of all time.

Lamar won the NFL MVP, and the Ravens have consistently won with him. I only see two possible reasons why teams aren't bidding: (1) they don't want to help out the Ravens or (2) collusion.

In terms of athletically gifted but raw QBs in the draft over the past 10 years or so where would Richardson and Levis rank, I would put them here.  

Josh Allen
Justin Fields
Carson Wentz
Lamar Jackson
Trey Lance
Marcus Mariota
Zach Wilson
Anthony Richardson
Blake Bortles
Mitchell Trubisky
Kyler Murray
Will Levis
Jalen Hurts
DeShone Kizer
Johnny Manziel
Malik Willis
Kellen Mond
Matt Corral

Kyler Murray I was not super high on, has done well in the NFL but has never really won big at all and gets hurt a ton.  Note I did not like Zach Wilson a ton coming out and he was pretty unproven, Mariota coming out I thought was super overrated, not a huge Trubisky guy, hated Manziel and did not love Hurts or Willis.

Richardson does have crazy upside and more athletic upside in terms of raw size and power than any QB on this list arguably.  He is so unproven though, could argue no QB on this list is more unproven in college than Anthony Richardson is and that is with Trey Lance who only played 1 season really at the FCS level and Murray who only really started one season in college.  Levis is a lot like Hurts, but doubt he will get the supporting cast Hurts has got much less the best OL coach in the NFL which the Eagles absolutely have.   Levis has a stronger arm in terms of velocity than Hurts but Hurts is a better leader, competitor, teammate, worker etc.  

Hard to make a list like this, but in terms of athletic mobile QBs in the last 10 years this is how I would put it.  And if some are like Lamar Jackson was not proven as a passer in college, even he threw for over 3500 yards two years in a row and 27+ TDs passing both seasons not to mention rushing for 1800+ yards each year with 18+ TDs each of those seasons as well.  Richardson and Levis never came close to that kind of production in college in consecutive years.  Maybe I would take Richardson over Mariota because Mariota was so limited as a passer but he was a great leader and was very consistent for awhile at a high level.  

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lamar won the NFL MVP, and the Ravens have consistently won with him. I only see two possible reasons why teams aren't bidding: (1) they don't want to help out the Ravens or (2) collusion.

or (3) They don't want to pay $250 M fully guaranteed + give up multiple draft picks to Baltimore. 

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

or (3) They don't want to pay $250 M fully guaranteed + give up multiple draft picks to Baltimore. 

If they don't want to pay $250 million fully guaranteed, they can still make a different offer.

43 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If they don't want to pay $250 million fully guaranteed, they can still make a different offer.

And do the Ravens work for them?

If I'm another team, why am I doing all the work on drafting up a contract I find acceptable and Lamar find acceptable, just for him to take it back to the Ravens, which he has to do, for them to accept it?

53 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And do the Ravens work for them?

If I'm another team, why am I doing all the work on drafting up a contract I find acceptable and Lamar find acceptable, just for him to take it back to the Ravens, which he has to do, for them to accept it?

Yeah, thanks for confirming the point I made.

47 minutes ago, Mox said:

I think the 'it's collusion' take is so lame and tunnel visioned.

I think a group of owners who settled a lawsuit for colluding a few years ago and have already made it clear that they aren't happy about fully guaranteed contracts aren't the sort of people I'd trust. But that's just me.