Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, DanMullen said:

Even if you think all of that, Richardson is still nearly 3 full years younger making him the no brainer choice if you want a “project” QB. Levis is far too old to be considered an upside pick, lol.

This is actually kind of irresponsible for NFL talent evaluators. This type of thinking usually results in busts. I get it - he may have some untapped potential but its still a huge concern to invest a high pick in such a huge unknown. Richardson cashed in on his athleticism knowing some stupid team will take the risk to develop his potential upside. But GM's should realize - he needed to go back to school and seeing more of him before making him say the 4th or 5th overall pick. 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, thanks for confirming the point I made.

Confirming what?

That there is a very viable explanation as to why no team has jumped at giving up 2 1st round picks for an injury prone QB who wants a gigantic fully guaranteed contract?

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

If they don't want to pay $250 million fully guaranteed, they can still make a different offer.

They have made a different offer. They offered him close to 200mm guaranteed before the start of the 2022 season. Then offered him a 145 MM fully guaranteed over 3 years. Lamar is driving his value down. No Agent. Can't finish a season. Abandoned his team in the playoffs. This guy is delusional. 

The Jalen Hurts contract only hurts his negotiation tactics. He's actually losing the option for more money in guarantees now since he declined that deal before the start of last season. His injury history and playing style as he gets older will not benefit a team. Missing what the last 6-7 games two years in a row? then wants 5 years 250 full ? lol 

7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd much rather have the former than the latter. 

I wouldn't feel good about taking either Levis or Richardson in round 1  - unless I'm seattle with two first round picks with Geno Smith who might be just a 1 year wonder from last year. Texans reportedly messing around with screwing up taking Stroud who's probably a 12 year starter in this league - might just gift wrap the colts a franchise QB going with a guy like Levis who's just got tools but no internal clock or feel in the pocket. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Confirming what?

That there is a very viable explanation as to why no team has jumped at giving up 2 1st round picks for an injury prone QB who wants a gigantic fully guaranteed contract?

You repeated the same exact thing I said:

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lamar won the NFL MVP, and the Ravens have consistently won with him. I only see two possible reasons why teams aren't bidding: (1) they don't want to help out the Ravens or (2) collusion.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

And do the Ravens work for them?

If I'm another team, why am I doing all the work on drafting up a contract I find acceptable and Lamar find acceptable, just for him to take it back to the Ravens, which he has to do, for them to accept it?

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, thanks for confirming the point I made.

I think a group of owners who settled a lawsuit for colluding a few years ago and have already made it clear that they aren't happy about fully guaranteed contracts aren't the sort of people I'd trust. But that's just me.

And I think that's a cop out to ignore the very real and legitimate reasons why teams wouldn't want to pay Lamar Jackson.

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ironically there is a weird push of Levis going #1 now....... 

He's dropped to +1000 on sites to go #1 after being over +2500 this morning. 

As a Saints fan I’d absolutely love that! All those draft picks and DJ Moore traded away just to take Will Levis 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mox said:

And I think that's a cop out to ignore the very real and legitimate reasons why teams wouldn't want to pay Lamar Jackson.

Yes, who would want a 26 year old former NFL MVP QB who has done nothing but win football games as a starter?

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Ironically there is a weird push of Levis going #1 now....... 

He's dropped to +1000 on sites to go #1 after being over +2500 this morning. 

If so, I can see two advantages for Panthers.

#1: Panthers' OC Thomas Brown who will develop the similar offense Levis had played last two years (one competent and one incompetent OCs) with the Wildcats.

#2: Frank Reich will add big plays to mix in Brown's offense and Levis's arm strength is appealing for those.

I doubt that it is enough for Panthers to take Levis but who knows.   Maybe we should go ahead and place 5 dollars on him being #1. lol.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yes, who would want a 26 year old former NFL MVP QB who has done nothing but win football games as a starter?

With injury/longevity concerns, a postseason underachiever and who appears to be declining, yeah, who wouldn't want to give that guy the biggest contract ever? Oh wait.

Edited by Mox

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

• Who has missed 5+ games each of the past two seasons, both down the stretch
  • Who missed last years playoff game
  • Who has not repeated his MVP numbers since that season
  • Who wants a fully guaranteed quarter billion (or more) contract
  • Who relies on his legs to generate big plays, something that has traditionally not carried over later into careers
  • Who will cost two first round picks in addition to the mega contract given out
  • Who can be snatched back by the Ravens after all the contract work has been put in by another team
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:
  • Who has missed 5+ games each of the past two seasons, both down the stretch
  • Who missed last years playoff game
  • Who has not repeated his MVP numbers since that season
  • Who wants a fully guaranteed quarter billion (or more) contract
  • Who relies on his legs to generate big plays, something that has traditionally not carried over later into careers
  • Who will cost two first round picks in addition to the mega contract given out
  • Who can be snatched back by the Ravens after all the contract work has been put in by another team

collusion.gif