Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

Levis isn't going Top 3. Vegas just juicing his odds to try to make people bet with the line movement and make money. However, I do believe the smoke the Colts love the guy. I think Levis is going #4 overall. Although if the Colts pass on Levis, I think he could fall to the 20's. I think it's like the Giants in 2019...if Giants don't select Daniel Jones at 6, there is zero doubt in my mind that guy makes it to the Giants at 20, and if Giants pass him again at 20, he falls to the early 2nd Round. Colts love Levis... and just the Colts imo. Maybe I'm wrong... we'll see. 

20 minutes ago, Techbert said:

My QB board, in its entirety.

Young, Levis, Richardson, Haener, Tune, Bagent

I am comfortable with that rank order.

I get not loving Stroud but...really?

What puts Levis over Richardson for you? Both are huge projects but I trust the flashes Richardson shows over those of Levis. AR at least has shown (in short spurts I admit) elite pocket awareness and movement, really nice touch, and instincts. Levis to me just sits back there completely unaware of the rush (which some people interpret as "hanging in there" but I just see as a complete lack of field awareness) and chucks the occasional deep dime. I don't see anything in Levis that shows he can be a top flight QB. Scares me to death that the rumors the Pats love him might be true. 

Let me rephrase this. If Young started to fall, I might jump up and get him. I would not chase Stroud or Richardson. Might they suceed in the league? Maybe? But someone else would reap that benefit becasue I will be taking someone else at the equivalent draft slot. I almost left Richardson off altogether, but I would be happy if he fell to me... maybe.

Stroud:  The rumored S2 score just confirms what people have seen of him, which he does not play well under pressure. So no, I do not want that.

Richardson: Should have stayed in school another year. Quarterback is a position where starts in college matters, and it is hard for a quarterback to grow in the League. He has everything I want but experience, but whoever picks him will throw him into the weedwhacker, and will pay him too much for him to do the Aaron Rodgers thing, which he would prolly not be willing to do anyway.

Edited by Techbert

PS I like Levis. I would be okay if a team took him #1, defending on what they wanted and valued and had. Good size. Good eyes.

I was fine if (and took flak for) SF had taken Jones over Lance, and I liked Lance. Jones was ready and able to play in the league, but Lance could have used more seasoning.

12 minutes ago, Techbert said:

Stroud:  The rumored S2 score just confirms what people have seen of him, which he does not play well under pressure. So no, I do not want that.

So a rumor that a QB scored bad on a test that you hadn't heard of a month ago, which just as many reports seem to indicate is totally made up, is enough for you to remove an otherwise first round QB completely from your board?

If I'm following this correctly.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So a rumor that a QB scored bad on a test that you hadn't heard of a month ago, which just as many reports seem to indicate is totally made up, is enough for you to remove an otherwise first round QB completely from your board?

If I'm following this correctly.

It is more than that. I SAW that Stroud had issues with vision, field management, et. al. And it was no secret. The S2 leak just confirmed. If a wide receiver looked slow on tape and there was a rumor he ran 4.8 for scouts,  I would not look at him anymore. If he looked like he had functional speed on tape, I would ignore the rumor.

I do not believe in an OSU curse, but I do believe they surround their quarterbacks with enough talent to inflate their evaluations. 

Edited by Techbert

1 minute ago, Techbert said:

It is more than that. I SAW that Stroud had issues with vision, field management, et. al. And it was no secret. The S2 leak just confirmed. If a wide receiver looked slow on tape and there was a rumor he ran 4.8 for scouts,  I would not look at him anymore. If he looked like he had functional speed on tape, I would ignore the rumor.

I do not believe in an OSU curse, but I do believe they surround their quarterbacks with enough talent to inflate their evaluations. 

So Stroud's tape is so bad he's undraftable then?

Just now, Daniel said:

So Stroud's tape is so bad he's undraftable then?

I wish people would read what I post. It is bad enough that someone will pick him above where I would ever ever ever pick him. So he is not on my board.

If he were somehow available early on Day 3, I would not see him as a bargain, but then so would NO ONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE. If he goes in round 1 no matter what, why does it matter if I agonize over a 4th or 5th round grade? It does not.

I think there are a lot of teams that would not draft Stroud. It would invite turmoil. Is KC or Buffalo or Cincy drafting Stroud? Magic 8 ball says No. There is a world of difference between not having someone on their board and saying they are undraftable.

I can understand not liking Stroud based on his S2 and not being able to deal with pressure/field management/vision. I cannot understand someone with that take simultaneously having Levis as QB #2 in this class as someone with zero pocket awareness, peripheral vision, and inability to do anything offscript (ala a Jimmy G or Kirk).

• Like 2