Eagles unveil new wordmark logo

NYRaider

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I do enjoy this level of saltiness - lol

has literally nothing to do with salt. The Eagles are a pathetic organization and have been for decades. Only Philly could waste McNabb + Reid + Dawkins and crew and come away with nothing.

55 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

has literally nothing to do with salt. The Eagles are a pathetic organization and have been for decades. Only Philly could waste McNabb + Reid + Dawkins and crew and come away with nothing.

Definitionally it’s just doesn’t make sense.

Pathetic organizations are like the Browns up until a couple years, the Jags, the Lions. Washington in their own sphere of awful.

Just doesn’t fit a franchise with the continued success since 2000. They are tied for 6th in winning percentage since then, tied for 4th for playoff appearances. Like 2/3 of the last 22 seasons they were in the playoffs and also won a title. 

Yeah there was missteps but what your saying just didn’t make sense other than being from a place of salt.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Definitionally it’s just doesn’t make sense.

Pathetic organizations are like the Browns up until a couple years, the Jags, the Lions. Washington in their own sphere of awful.

Just doesn’t fit a franchise with the continued success since 2000. They are tied for 6th in winning percentage since then, tied for 4th for playoff appearances. Like 2/3 of the last 22 seasons they were in the playoffs and also won a title. 

Yeah there was missteps but what your saying just didn’t make sense other than being from a place of salt.

All you've done is solidify what I'm saying. The fact that they had the talent and can't play football, that's what's sadge. Good organizations make more out of their players, the Eagles, make less.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:59 AM, iloxygenil said:

All you've done is solidify what I'm saying. The fact that they had the talent and can't play football, that's what's sadge. Good organizations make more out of their players, the Eagles, make less.

Eh, they have been one or the other. Not great staffs getting good talent or a great staff building up lesser talent. Both ways they’ve won a lot with. Rarely ever getting blue chip players in the draft because of that winning. They certainly underachieved with those teams, you can see it now with Andy with Mahomes… he part of the reason why.

Actual bad organizations have the chance to build with those blue chip pieces and consistently screw it up ala the Jags.

I think the most admirable thing Philly does is they shake it up to win far more than any team you’d actually label that and have successfully relaunched many times the last 23 years. Like to almost getting to the super bowl in 2008, to moving on from andy in 12, to take chip from college and putting out super competitive teams, to that breaking down in 2015, to winning a Super Bowl two years later & having what they thought was a franchise QB, to them realizing he just wasn’t the same after a couple of years trying to make it work and enter into 2021 with a roster, position no coach wanted… just to turn that around for the playoffs last year and totally rebuild the young core for this team in two years with two firsts next year….. I just don’t see it, at least not to this noticeable degree you are declaring. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

McNabb wasn’t that good of a QB and numbers of Reid’s system made him look better than he is. Reid likely wins multiple SB’s with a different QB. Reid’s fault for staying with him so long. 

This hijack makes absolutely zero sense coming from a Falcons fan of all people lol. Talking about “wasting McNabb” like the Falcons didn’t just waste Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for a grand total of zero rings. The past two decades of being an Eagles fan has had ups and downs, but with way more ups…. and we also got a ring so that was pretty cool I guess…. 

Anyways on the wordmark: It has grown on me some. I still don’t love it, but there is no question this look is way more malleable than the current one.  I’d expect some more tweaks to the logo and more down the line as well. I am willing to wait and see on the final product. People are adverse to change which is understandable, but it could end up being good down the line?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

So by that criteria your basically Pot calling the Kettle black right? You just described the entire existence of your Falcons Franchise. Only with a fraction of the succes the Eagles have had during that same time span.

Didn't they waste Mike Vick, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones the past 2 decades? Have the biggest choke job in SB history? When the Falcons have made 7 NFCCG, 3 SB and actually won 1 then come spewing that nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So by that criteria your basically Pot calling the Kettle black right? You just described the entire existence of your Falcons Franchise. Only with a fraction of the succes the Eagles have had during that same time span.

Didn't they waste Mike Vick, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones the past 2 decades? Have the biggest choke job in SB history? When the Falcons have made 7 NFCCG, 3 SB and actually won 1 then come spewing that nonsense. 

At what point did I EVER say the Falcons were a quality organization? Y'all created that narrative, not me. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean the organization hasn't been a clown show, thanks though.

4 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

At what point did I EVER say the Falcons were a quality organization? Y'all created that narrative, not me. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean the organization hasn't been a clown show, thanks though.

Yeah but also your bar for "quality organization" seems impossibly high. Let me guess the only organizations that aren't absolute garbage piles by your standards are... The Patriots and The Chiefs? Do the Chiefs even qualify??? They only have gotten one ring with Mahomes! They are wasting him away!

The fact that you label an organization that won a SB 5 years ago and has been to the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years as "pathetic" is just pure salt. You warping your own definitions to fit the narrative of your pure sodium chloride overdose doesn't make what you said less comical. It just makes you look even more upset.

16 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah but also your bar for "quality organization" seems impossibly high. Let me guess the only organizations that aren't absolute garbage piles by your standards are... The Patriots and The Chiefs? Do the Chiefs even qualify??? They only have gotten one ring with Mahomes! They are wasting him away!

The fact that you label an organization that won a SB 5 years ago and has been to the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years as "pathetic" is just pure salt. You warping your own definitions to fit the narrative of your pure sodium chloride overdose doesn't make what you said less comical. It just makes you look even more upset.

call it whatever you want child.

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Quality post.

He’s obviously not serious and hurt for some reason. Not sure if it was the loss last year, the playoff game in 2018 after they lost the Super Bowl in a huge choke the previous year, maybe it dates back to the NFC Championship game in 2005, or even the NFC Divisional game in 2003?

We are 12-5 against Atlanta since 2000. They had a 3 game win streak against us in 2011, 2012, and 2015. Those were the end of the Andy Reid and Chip Kelly tenures in Philly and the Matt Ryan coming into his prime, still had Roddy White breaking off 1,300 seasons, old but productive Tony Gonzalez and the addition of someone called Julio Jones in 2011.

They also only beat us by 27 points combined in those 5 wins the past 21 seasons. Their only significant margin of victory being the flame out of Andy Reid his last year in 2012 with a 4-12 record which was a 13 point margin of victory (30-17) when they were tied with the Broncos for best record in the NFL. The other ones were 4 points, 4 points, 4 points and 2 points. We beat them by a margin of 26 points just in 1 game last year with a first year starting QB, first year offensive play caller, first year defensive play caller and first year special teams coach coming off an ugly season with tons of drama. To sum it up they've beaten us by a margin of victory of 5.4 points in their 5 wins and we've beat them by a margin of victory of 14.4 in our 12 wins.

Besides that 3 game stretch I mentioned we’ve pretty much owned the Falcons in recent memory.

2leeikpzke5y.jpg

Edited by TheRealMcCoy