Kevin Porter Jr
F Kyle Kuzma
F Jonathan Isaac
C Mo Bamba
Nerlens Noel

Head coach: Nick Nurse

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Since nobody else is talking, I voted for indifference. That team has elite defense and the scoring to match.  Both teams are built well and it’s why they are here but I think other than Luka, it’s going to be hard for BK’s team to score. 

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

How are these dookie teams in the finals? 😈

But being serious (even though I wish I had been around to join in the fun here), I think BK's team is a little better overall on paper. However, as we just saw with Steph Curry in the most recent finals, these games often come down to an elite player imposing his will if he has a strong enough team around him. Kawhi has proven that he can be that sort of dominating bucket-getter in the big moments in the Semis and Finals. Luka hasn't yet. So I'm very torn here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

But being serious (even though I wish I had been around to join in the fun here), I think BK's team is a little better overall on paper. However, as we just saw with Steph Curry in the most recent finals, these games often come down to an elite player imposing his will if he has a strong enough team around him. Kawhi has proven that he can be that sort of dominating bucket-getter in the big moments in the Semis and Finals. Luka hasn't yet. So I'm very torn here.

Luka has outplayed Kawhi both postseasons they faced each other though.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Luka has outplayed Kawhi both postseasons they faced each other though.

He lost each series. Worth noting that the last time they played, Kawhi had 32 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block per game on .612/.425/.898. Those are insane numbers. You're also not factoring in Kawhi's elite defensive ability versus Luka's poor defense.

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He lost each series. Worth noting that the last time they played, Kawhi had 32 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block per game on .612/.425/.898. Those are insane numbers. You're also not factoring in Kawhi's elite defensive ability versus Luka's poor defense.

Kawhi hasn't played elite D in years and there is a pretty simple explanation for why they lost. It wasn't Luka. Luka also posted 36-8-10 on 49-41-53 without THJ as his #2, not Paul George.

Edited by Bullet Club

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Kawhi hasn't played elite D in years and there is a pretty simple explanation for why they lost. It wasn't Luka. Luka also posted 36-8-10 on 49-41-53 without THJ as his #2, not Paul George.

Disagree on D. And these are excuses. Kawhi was absolutely dominant in that series. He outplayed Luka. Are you next going to tell me that Luka outplayed Steph in GSW-DAL series this year? Say whatever you will, Kawhi has proven that he can deliver in the big postseason moments. He has proven he can take his game to another level. That's often what makes or breaks a championship squad, especially when there's relative parity between the teams. Luka hasn't proven those things.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Disagree on D. And these are excuses. Kawhi was absolutely dominant in that series. He outplayed Luka. Are you next going to tell me that Luka outplayed Steph in GSW-DAL series this year? Say whatever you will, Kawhi has proven that he can deliver in the big postseason moments. He has proven he can take his game to another level. That's often what makes or breaks a championship squad, especially when there's relative parity between the teams. Luka hasn't proven those things.

Kawhi's team almost went to finals without him. Ignoring the talent difference between the teams is laughable. Disagree all you want, doesn't change that Kawhi's rep vastly exceeds his defensive ability at this stage, and the numbers support that. Not to say Kawhi wasn't also great but it was blatantly obvious Luka was the best player in both series. The fact that both series went 7 with the massive talent gap is just icing on that cake.

Luka won a Euroleague title and FMVP at 18, hit a buzzer beater in his first series, dropped 46 in game 7 against Kawhi, and scored as many points in a game 7 half as a 64 win team by himself. He's always shown up in big moments.