Eagles get a new Wordmark

Kiltman

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

People always hate change ha. If they are doing it I think it’ll still be the head, just a little different like a lot of teams have done.

Accurate.

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Panthers and Jags come to mind of what a slightly bigger change could look like. Both were also 90s edgier looks. I think the Eagle had far more dynamism than those two had. but they both were flat and the new look added way more dimension.

NsUIrkD.jpg

Could get an overhaul more or less in the same silhouette like Seattle, Detroit and Arizona. (These kinda show the small and large changes that could mean)

TR8wjIW.jpg
oxIOJNL.jpg
9Eah2Zf.jpg

Or what I think is likely, they go the Vikings route and you barely can tell the upgrade without someone pointing it out. This lets the current logo not seem so out of place. The only thing is this doesn’t address the issue with this is the logo currently not fitting as well with the new Wordmark.

bpDOtJS.jpg

Do you think the new logo would look a bit less 3D-ish if you had to take a guess?

I'm guessing we don't go back to a 2D look with a full bird like the late 80s-90s.

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that’s what I was referencing, have to feel like adding the black this year was a play to push for it on top of just getting to do it. Easier to say “we want to keep this” instead of “we’d like to add this”.

I wonder if they will do anything funky with the wings in the black helmet. This year or next year (if they do indeed make that look Black, White and Kelly then)

I suppose the wings will probably get updated too given how closely designed they were to the 90s look.

riddell-philadelphia-eagles-revolution-s

Id assume we are at least getting the silver ones on the Kelly.

095855976396.png

If we get silver wings then we better be getting those silver pants too, right?

I think you've talked about them in the past when discussing jerseys.

I do think if the wordmark is changing and logo gets some adjustment, then the wings probably would too.

I'm all for some change as long as its done right. I didn't hate our wordmark and don't hate our jerseys/helmets or logo, but I think there is room for improvement.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Do you think the new logo would look a bit less 3D-ish if you had to take a guess?

I'm guessing we don't go back to a 2D look with a full bird like the late 80s-90s.

Honestly no clue, it goes both ways for these things. Right now it kinda rides the line, could see it the move to be more 3d where the head is aimed more to the back left rather than just the left if you think of it in 3d space. Doing that could make it work better if they do want to add a full body one too.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

f we get silver wings then we better be getting those silver pants too, right?

I think you've talked about them in the past when discussing jerseys.

I do think if the wordmark is changing and logo gets some adjustment, then the wings probably would too.

I'm all for some change as long as its done right. I didn't hate our wordmark and don't hate our jerseys/helmets or logo, but I think there is room for improvement.

They say it’ll be the Late 80s-early 90s, or at least based on that. So yeah we will get grey pants. Nike sucks at metallics so I’m not sure it’ll be silver.

Yeah I’m down for something new. They’ve had the same bad (imo) font the entire time I’ve been an active fan. Will be cool to get an update, it should be solid… they usually take care of the brand better than teams that do this every 5 years.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Nice, this is more or less how I see them doing both their alts. (unfortunately no white look, which was my favorite from that era)

What program did you use? thats a nice model.

@TheRealMcCoy posted something about you guys potentially going back to Kelly Green full time as your primary color. 

I use photoshop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

@TheRealMcCoy posted something about you guys potentially going back to Kelly Green full time as your primary color. 

I use photoshop

It's a nice template psd,

It's a possibility but they have been hesitant to do so.

Midnight Green is sort of emblematic of Lurie's time as an owner, he's seemed very hesitant to ever go back.

I think the new rules give him exactly what he wants. Gets to use both now.
So whatever this new look is... I think it's being done to tie the two together moreso then ditch the midnight entirely.

Sorry to abscond with your set, but essentially this going off your kelly and black

YcwxLkr.jpg

Which if they did this 'd be pretty happy with it with the additional pant/helmet options.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 6:25 PM, Kiltman said:

Honestly no clue, it goes both ways for these things. Right now it kinda rides the line, could see it the move to be more 3d where the head is aimed more to the back left rather than just the left if you think of it in 3d space. Doing that could make it work better if they do want to add a full body one too.

They say it’ll be the Late 80s-early 90s, or at least based on that. So yeah we will get grey pants. Nike sucks at metallics so I’m not sure it’ll be silver.

Yeah I’m down for something new. They’ve had the same bad (imo) font the entire time I’ve been an active fan. Will be cool to get an update, it should be solid… they usually take care of the brand better than teams that do this every 5 years.

Makes sense. Yeah, I haven't paid attention to how Nike does metallics since we don't have it.

I guess I can look at the Lions pants for an idea of how the grey would look.

Agreed on the last point. Hoping we don't have one of those jersey changes that we have to change soon after like I'm sure Washington is gonna update their jerseys again within 5-10 years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Concept I made

bxMNfGU.jpeg

This is pretty cool man. 👌 Not sure if I like the green on the black helmets or not. 🤔

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It's a nice template psd,

It's a possibility but they have been hesitant to do so.

Midnight Green is sort of emblematic of Lurie's time as an owner, he's seemed very hesitant to ever go back.

I think the new rules give him exactly what he wants. Gets to use both now.
So whatever this new look is... I think it's being done to tie the two together moreso then ditch the midnight entirely.

Sorry to abscond with your set, but essentially this going off your kelly and black

YcwxLkr.jpg

Which if they did this 'd be pretty happy with it with the additional pant/helmet options.

Cool to see the addition of the midnight in there. Good job Kilt. 

I know you said you don't have to sus out a graphic designer. Are you one? I guess I should've assumed you were in that area based on all your photoshops, but I guess you don't have to be into graphic design to be good on photoshop. I remember I downloaded a cracked version off a torrent way back like a decade ago, but I didn't do anything with it other than basic stuff like tracing an object/person to take it out of a picture and put it somewhere else or make it into an avi.

I just saw on the upcoming iOS features that is supposedly gonna be possible simply from your phone was is pretty cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Makes sense. Yeah, I haven't paid attention to how Nike does metallics since we don't have it.

I guess I can look at the Lions pants for an idea of how the grey would look.

Agreed on the last point. Hoping we don't have one of those jersey changes that we have to change soon after like I'm sure Washington is gonna update their jerseys again within 5-10 years.

Yeah the Lions are a great example at what issues they might have. I don’t think Lurie will totally cut black but the main look like the Lions did but might get brightened by reducing it heavily.

Yeah I hope whatever they do it’s good. The current look, despite its flaws, has neared becoming iconic at least in the city/fandom. So whatever they do I don’t think it’ll stray toooo far, but honestly have no clue. I kinda resigned myself to them never changing after we won the Super Bowl ha, so this is a pleasant surprise (hopefully).

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is pretty cool man. 👌 Not sure if I like the green on the black helmets or not. 🤔

Cool to see the addition of the midnight in there. Good job Kilt. 

I know you said you don't have to sus out a graphic designer. Are you one? I guess I should've assumed you were in that area based on all your photoshops, but I guess you don't have to be into graphic design to be good on photoshop. I remember I downloaded a cracked version off a torrent way back like a decade ago, but I didn't do anything with it other than basic stuff like tracing an object/person to take it out of a picture and put it somewhere else or make it into an avi.

I just saw on the upcoming iOS features that is supposedly gonna be possible simply from your phone was is pretty cool. 

Ha yeah I am one, do that and motion graphics mostly. Yeah I flycatcher myself saying the “as a graphic designer” thing too often when giving opinions. Amongst other digital stuff like animation and effects when needed.

Its wild how far the programs have come since I started, I remember I started learning photoshop for this forum ha. Needed to make a Jeremy Marlin sig or something like that. Used gimp which is free then got photoshop through school which was way better then started making Sigs, etc. 

Now it’s been a simple button press to remove people from the background for a couple years, was like the bulk of my time doing that.

I’ll take a look at that iOS vid, been meaning to. Like Marques too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah the Lions are a great example at what issues they might have.

Yeah. The Lions pants look dull compared to those ones they used to have with Barry Sanders that were kinda shiny. Speaking of shiny I wasn't a big fan of the shiny Reebok Eagles jerseys we had in the Reid days. I mean I liked that the jerseys were closer to midnight green than these, but I just would've preferred them to not be shiny. I feel like it made them cheap looking. 

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I hope whatever they do it’s good. The current look, despite its flaws, has neared becoming iconic at least in the city/fandom. So whatever they do I don’t think it’ll stray toooo far, but honestly have no clue. I kinda resigned myself to them never changing after we won the Super Bowl ha, so this is a pleasant surprise (hopefully).

I mean they changed big time when Lurie took over as owner, but I think its supposedly cause his wife at the time didn't like the Kelly Green. Now he has a new wife, so who knows... lol. I do get that we won the SB in the Midnight Green era, but I think if majority of the fans want the Kelly then they should give it to us. We can always wear the Midnight as an alternate just like what we'll supposedly be doing with the Kelly at least to start. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I'd welcome the change and adopting the full Eagle bird like on the mock ups @NYRaider did.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ha yeah I am one, do that and motion graphics mostly. Yeah I flycatcher myself saying the “as a graphic designer” thing too often when giving opinions. Amongst other digital stuff like animation and effects when needed.

That's pretty cool. My uncle works for DreamWorks in the animation side I believe and worked on like Shrek, Madagascar, etc. 

I was never artistic or one that was too interested in design, but it always fascinates me what others can create and do with it.

20 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Its wild how far the programs have come since I started, I remember I started learning photoshop for this forum ha. Needed to make a Jeremy Marlin sig or something like that. Used gimp which is free then got photoshop through school which was way better then started making Sigs, etc. 

I know of Gimp, but have never used it. That's cool that the forum got you into doing that stuff though.

I bet Photoshop is a lot better than when I tried using it back in like 2011. It's crazy how fast technology has progressed over the past decade. I feel like a lot of the innovation has slowed down like with smart phones for instance to small upgrades, but its just reached the point where these programs and devices are so top notch that there isn't a ton to improve upon.

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’ll take a look at that iOS vid, been meaning to. Like Marques too.

Yeah. I put it at the timestamp (4:48) right where he starts talking about the part of the presentation from WWDC where they explained how you'll be able to just touch and hold on objects (French Bulldog in their example) in a photo and just remove it and copy it like into a text message. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. The Lions pants look dull compared to those ones they used to have with Barry Sanders that were kinda shiny. Speaking of shiny I wasn't a big fan of the shiny Reebok Eagles jerseys we had in the Reid days. I mean I liked that the jerseys were closer to midnight green than these, but I just would've preferred them to not be shiny. I feel like it made them cheap looking. 

I mean they changed big time when Lurie took over as owner, but I think its supposedly cause his wife at the time didn't like the Kelly Green. Now he has a new wife, so who knows... lol. I do get that we won the SB in the Midnight Green era, but I think if majority of the fans want the Kelly then they should give it to us. We can always wear the Midnight as an alternate just like what we'll supposedly be doing with the Kelly at least to start. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I'd welcome the change and adopting the full Eagle bird like on the mock ups @NYRaider did.

93k4kEl.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know she’s still in the building and part of things, curious what his son’s input will be. He grew up a fan and living here so his opinion could sway things now that he’s getting involved, though he could also not want to undo something his mom chose. Could go both ways.

yeah a new full eagle as an alt logo would be cool to see. You look at photos of eagles attacking and there are some good poses for them to go off of that would be a little more dynamic. Could hide an E in those wings very easily.

21 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's pretty cool. My uncle works for DreamWorks in the animation side I believe and worked on like Shrek, Madagascar, etc. 

I was never artistic or one that was too interested in design, but it always fascinates me what others can create and do with it.

Oh that’s awesome, I can’t even imagine how hard doing that stuff back in the day was. It’s so much more responsive now, can actually get a decent workflow. It’s fairly labor intensive doing the stuff on my own so I don’t advertise too much that I do it, but it’s fun to not have to go film stuff and make scenes.

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know of Gimp, but have never used it. That's cool that the forum got you into doing that stuff though.

I bet Photoshop is a lot better than when I tried using it back in like 2011. It's crazy how fast technology has progressed over the past decade. I feel like a lot of the innovation has slowed down like with smart phones for instance to small upgrades, but its just reached the point where these programs and devices are so top notch that there isn't a ton to improve upon.

It gets the job done, free for a reason though ha.

Its definitely better but they trickle the updates out. It also sucks having to keep the subscription. But I found a basic side job that just pays for that for me, do a couple things once a month for them and that’s it. Saves me $600 a year.

The big thing is them adding 3d elements and ai based tools. Some wild stuff you can do with those.

I can’t wait til someone can fully synthesize pixels and vectors into one thing, would take the whole industry to a new easy way of doing things.

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. I put it at the timestamp (4:48) right where he starts talking about the part of the presentation from WWDC where they explained how you'll be able to just touch and hold on objects (French Bulldog in their example) in a photo and just remove it and copy it like into a text message. 

That’s wild to see, portrait mode certainly helps, hopefully we can just save that onto the camera roll. There’s a lot of times I want to do stuff for the forum but cutting stuff out on that is the old way of doing it en.

that home screen stuff was a welcomed surprise too.

• Like 1