2K22: Training Camp

onejayhawk

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yep, about an hour after I posted it here first. 

LMAO, who died and left onejayhawk thinking he's king ???   Brown now has the chance to show he deserves the type of contract he thinks he's worth, can't do that on the sideline.

4 hours ago, RedGold said:

Tbh it’s such a conjumbled mess in here.    Much easier to just not visit this forum and go check the other sites.   Not exactly great for the forum.  Not trying to be a ****.  

FWIW, I haven't really minded all the articles and threads from onejayhawk because typically the past two months would've had basically nothing posted here, going off of past seasons. For all the fluff that's been in there, some of the articles and topics have gotten more discussion than normal in the down times of year. And once the season rolls around, most discussion will shift into the GDTs anyway.

Though, I couldn't really care less who posted a tweet about Orlando Brown first or in which thread. Post it in three threads at once by different people. People will talk about it wherever they want to talk about it.

• Like 1

To the topic, I don't think anyone should be surprised Brown showed. He gains virtually nothing from actually sitting out the season, and I'm sure he's smart enough to realize missing all of camp is not going to help his performance during the year. His best bet is more chances to prove to us or someone else that he does deserve what he's asking for.

36 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

His best bet is more chances to prove to us or someone else that he does deserve what he's asking for.

Hopefully someone else...

2022 cap allocations: 222+mil for 93 players

2023 cap allocations: 210+mil for 42 players

Yes, I know those aren't final.  But please keep his asking price of ~21mil+/year away from me. Save that cap to pay Creed and Trey who will be coming up soon. Keep that interior pocket clean!

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Hopefully someone else...

2022 cap allocations: 222+mil for 93 players

2023 cap allocations: 210+mil for 42 players

Yes, I know those aren't final.  But please keep his asking price of ~21mil+/year away from me. Save that cap to pay Creed and Trey who will be coming up soon. Keep that interior pocket clean!

To be fair, only 51 players count anyway, so 32 of the 93 right now are just the fluff that don't factor into that $222M. We'll also have $11M in rollover. And Frank Clark's cut would save $20M on that number next year.

Not saying I do want to pay Brown that next year, but, the money wont be a problem next season. Might be more about what alternatives are available, for me. I don't want to like, relive Jordan Black at LT to save some money, or anything. But, you could retain Brown at that, cut Clark, and resign basically every other free agent we have unless Thornhill or Juju blow up this year, and cut it under the cap next year.

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

To be fair, only 51 players count anyway, so 32 of the 93 right now are just the fluff that don't factor into that $222M. We'll also have $11M in rollover. And Frank Clark's cut would save $20M on that number next year.

Not saying I do want to pay Brown that next year, but, the money wont be a problem next season. Might be more about what alternatives are available, for me. I don't want to like, relive Jordan Black at LT to save some money, or anything. But, you could retain Brown at that, cut Clark, and resign basically every other free agent we have unless Thornhill or Juju blow up this year, and cut it under the cap next year.

Oh I know. Just pointing out that our current cap accounts for more than double the players but only ~12mil in cap more. Next year is looking to be our last tight year for a while barring bad contracts; which Brown could be.

The LT market is looking extremely weak next offseason. My current hope is that helps us trade Brown for a 1st+ after the year is up, where we could then package both 1sts to move up in the draft for someone long term. The lack of any real talent in the FA class could help us get an overpayment. Just hope someone bites.