Eagles sign S Jaquiski Tartt on a 1 year deal

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Will he compete for a starting role?

I’m short? Yes.

I’ve posted a couple of Gate City Sports YT videos (like one on the Fletcher Cox contract and another on Jalen Hurts stats expectations), but here is another he came out with today regarding this which was inspired by some discussion I had with him on his last live stream.

He doesn’t say directly in the video the answer per say, but if you look at the comments you can see me (Alex) and him share our view and we are both leaning towards Epps possibly starting out as the 3rd safety once again like last year. Now, we both are rooting for Epps to play great in camp and lock up a starting role and maybe a mid season extension if he’s playing pretty good like Maddox last year, but Tartt and Harris just have a lot more experience and I could see Gannon defaulting them to start unless Epps makes it obvious he needs every snap he can get. I still think regardless of who starts all 3 will see the field a decent amount. Like I said I want Epps to play the best of the safeties and earn his spot cause I feel like he’s waited his turn and earned the chance, but Tartt is gonna make a push for a starting role and we know how much Gannon likes and trusts Harris.

• Like 1