Week 11 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-9)

.Buzz

jaguars.png   browns.png

Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) vs. Cleveland Browns (0-9)

20171115-gamereport.jpg

Clearly this team is riding some highs. We're on a 3 game win streak (first time since 2010), just won a game in close fashion (first time all season), and thus far we have had zero troubles with the rest of the AFC North, hopefully that continues this Sunday.

Browns do have talent even though they're 0-9, so we can't come in there just expecting to win. Hopefully the players don't chalk this one up before even playing.

Yeah.  Biggest fear with this one, is the team making the mistake of taking the Browns too lightly and playing a sloppy, soft game.  Gotta come out and put that foot on the throat from the opening kickoff.  As long as they show up and in a mood to dominate...they should be just fine.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

im sure Campbell/fowler/Ngakoue are licking their chops at their Tackle counterparts

Hopefully Campbell/Fowler show up a bit more this game. Didn't exactly have a great outing against a weak OT situation for LAC so...

Just now, LinderFournette said:

hard to be great when rivers throws it under 2 seconds or so

Yes, but they still didn't get a ton of push outside of a select few plays.

Yan got the best of them a decent amount of time in the 1st half, but I didn't feel like the pressure on the edges was that great tbh. When we blitzed we usually got home/forced Rivers to throw it away but didn't feel like the normal 4 man rush did as much this week.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yes, but they still didn't get a ton of push outside of a select few plays.

Yan got the best of them a decent amount of time in the 1st half, but I didn't feel like the pressure on the edges was that great tbh. When we blitzed we usually got home/forced Rivers to throw it away but didn't feel like the normal 4 man rush did as much this week.

well yan is our best pure Speed rusher. fowler is more of scheme/mismatch guy.  campbell should have done a lil more but its w.e. hes played great i think its an off game. 

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

well yan is our best pure Speed rusher. fowler is more of scheme/mismatch guy.  campbell should have done a lil more but its w.e. hes played great i think its an off game. 

Well yeah, I'm not saying it's going to be the norm. Just saying looking at their OL on paper isn't always the best route to go as was evident this past week. Schoefield is bad and yet he held his own against our DL somehow.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i kinda wanna see a RObinson-Cann-Shatley-Linder-Parnell lineup 

I think most would echo this.

Omameh has been decent, but he was awful yesterday (and may have a little to do with the injury), but Shatley played above average at C while Linder was out and Linder looked great at RG in that one game where we slotted him in there. Cann being at his natural LG position (although he's been solid at RG this year too) would be good to see. See if that fits him better and if so we can roll with it long-term.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Omameh has been decent, but he was awful yesterday (and may have a little to do with the injury), but Shatley played above average at C while Linder was out and Linder looked great at RG in that one game where we slotted him in there. Cann being at his natural LG position (although he's been solid at RG this year too) would be good to see. See if that fits him better and if so we can roll with it long-term.

Yeah.  Sign me up for this.  Seems like a decent thing to try.

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

i fully expect omamehs performance last game was from his knee injury then anything else.  im glad we have a Super-band aid like Shatley around to fill in where its needed. 

Archived