Week 11 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-9)

.Buzz

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

mike kaye brought up kinda a good question. should the jags just let some of those injured up not play this week to get them full strength for the playoff push. 

Only if they are very hurt/they aren't playing like normal due to the injury. 

We aren't at the point where we can chalk up W's/have amazing depth to be able to afford this. Josh Wells got absolutely abused along with Omameh until Shatley got in there. Cam clearly wasn't 100% either from that ankle, but even with him hurt he did miles better than likely any of our backups.

If it's an interior OL like Omameh/Cann I think we could get away with it, but no Parnell was very, very evident this past week.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Only if they are very hurt/they aren't playing like normal due to the injury. 

We aren't at the point where we can chalk up W's/have amazing depth to be able to afford this. Josh Wells got absolutely abused along with Omameh until Shatley got in there. Cam clearly wasn't 100% either from that ankle, but even with him hurt he did miles better than likely any of our backups.

If it's an interior OL like Omameh/Cann I think we could get away with it, but no Parnell was very, very evident this past week.

Lets not act like he wasnt going against sucky guys. He was going up against bosa and ingram. Most players struggle with them

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Lets not act like he wasnt going against sucky guys. He was going up against bosa and ingram. Most players struggle with them

Doesnt change the fact Blake got killed back there and was extremely uncomfortable. Bosa would have bested Parnell at times but the way Parnell had played this year it would have at least been a fun matchup to watch. 

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Doesnt change the fact Blake got killed back there and was extremely uncomfortable. Bosa would have bested Parnell at times but the way Parnell had played this year it would have at least been a fun matchup to watch. 

I know its easy to bag on Bortles but he broke alot of tackles back there or moved well to avoid pressure. He made alot of dumb mistakes but he wasnt all bad

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know its easy to bag on Bortles but he broke alot of tackles back there or moved well to avoid pressure. He made alot of dumb mistakes but he wasnt all bad

Where am I blaming Blake? 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Tashaun Gipson who I really liked for the Browns really hs a bee in his bonnet against us. Do you know what is up with that?

How has he been playing for you guys?

Well, he is one of the pieces that make up arguably the best secondary in football. So I think that speaks for itself.

He has had an issue here and there with tackling, but for the most part he's been pretty darn good. 

Not sure you can blame him. He was one of the better FS's in the NFL for a couple years in Cleveland and wanted to be a part of that organization long-term. I get the Browns wanted to blow it up and I get why they moved on, but these players take stuff like that personally. 

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Oh boy. I know you guys have invested a lot into your O-Line. How has it looked since JT went down?

The replacement for JT looked okay. Had a few bad moments but its to be expected for a guy who shouldnt be playing LT in the first place. Overall the line looked okay most of the game last week.

But then last week we lost our RT shon coleman so this is the first time we see the back up RT with a week of prep. Not expecting much.

Plus Hue runs too many long developing routes and is stubborn to change so it might be a bloodbath

7 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

The replacement for JT looked okay. Had a few bad moments but its to be expected for a guy who shouldnt be playing LT in the first place. Overall the line looked okay most of the game last week.

But then last week we lost our RT shon coleman so this is the first time we see the back up RT with a week of prep. Not expecting much.

Plus Hue runs too many long developing routes and is stubborn to change so it might be a bloodbath

Might wanna just get a coffin ready just in case

Archived