Week 11 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) @ Cleveland Browns (0-9)

.Buzz

On 11/16/2017 at 2:32 AM, Jags said:

To add on to this, I don't believe that Gip is talking trash, he's being honest and stating the obvious. The Browns are bad. Them is straight facts!

Well I think he predicted (or guaranteed) a 40-0 score. That ain't happening unless the Browns are stupid. It will be cold/rainy/snowy/windy. I think it will be a run heavy fast paced game. Probably low scoring. Maybe 13-0.

Still, Browns give up 3.1 per carry (Collins being out may hurt that) which is best in the league while Jax gives up 4.6 (28th). Jax is tied for 1st gaining 4.8 per carry while the Browns are 8th at 4.4. This will probably be a run heavy game which should limit sacks/interceptions which could turn this into a blowout in the Jaguars favor. Jags are a better team but the elements really can make this a much tighter battle than if it was in ideal conditions. Either way, Gipson's prediction won't be close unless we try to air it out all day, which would be foolish.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I think he predicted (or guaranteed) a 40-0 score. That ain't happening unless the Browns are stupid. It will be cold/rainy/snowy/windy. I think it will be a run heavy fast paced game. Probably low scoring. Maybe 13-0.

Still, Browns give up 3.1 per carry (Collins being out may hurt that) which is best in the league while Jax gives up 4.6 (28th). Jax is tied for 1st gaining 4.8 per carry while the Browns are 8th at 4.4. This will probably be a run heavy game which should limit sacks/interceptions which could turn this into a blowout in the Jaguars favor. Jags are a better team but the elements really can make this a much tighter battle than if it was in ideal conditions. Either way, Gipson's prediction won't be close unless we try to air it out all day, which would be foolish.

Jaguars run defense since Dareus has come in have been pretty damn dominant. So wouldnt look at the season as a whole when we madr a large move to improve it just a couple games ago.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Looks like it will possibly rain tomorrow. I don’t think Fournette will play in that case. 

Sounds like wind could be a factor as well. Could turn into an interesting game due to the weather.

Don't think we need LF to win. We've won the past couple games without him, just have to continue that. Ivory needs to be more involved than he was last week though. He's been a nice surprise so far this year, have zero idea why we went away from him against SD.

Smashmouth with Ivory/Yeldon, have Grant as a change of pace guy, do some gadget plays here and there with Dede, profit.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Don't think we need LF to win. We've won the past couple games without him, just have to continue that. Ivory needs to be more involved than he was last week though. He's been a nice surprise so far this year, have zero idea why we went away from him against SD.

Smashmouth with Ivory/Yeldon, have Grant as a change of pace guy, do some gadget plays here and there with Dede, profit.

Hackett seems to be a better playcaller when Fournette isn’t in. It is weird.

I am excited about Dede. 

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Hackett seems to be a better playcaller when Fournette isn’t in. It is weird.

I am excited about Dede. 

Yeah, it is. Just not sure if Blake/LF works that well, doesn't help that in the early goings we only put LF in on running plays and when he was taken out it wasn't. Made it pretty obvious what we were doing to opposing teams. Got better in his last couple games in though.

I'm also really excited about Dede, not really sure how it'll go with the weather though. Doubt there is much of a air attack with rain/sleet/wind.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I hate saying we dont need LF

Anything can happen in the NFL. If conditions are bad for throwing that just means focus on stopping Ivory which shouldnt be tough

We beat the Colts and Bengals without LF and Ivory as the main back. We also beat the Chargers last week with a clearly less than 100% LF that had under 2 YPC.

Yeah, I don't think we need LF to win. Would it help? Of course. But come on...

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We beat the Colts and Bengals without LF and Ivory as the main back. We also beat the Chargers last week with a clearly less than 100% LF that had under 2 YPC.

Yeah, I don't think we need LF to win. Would it help? Of course. But come on...

Right although that Charger game gave me zero confidence. We probably shouldnt have won that given how we played. Browns are fired up

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Right although that Charger game gave me zero confidence. We probably shouldnt have won that given how we played. Browns are fired up

Doesn't change the fact we had no LF/LF when he was not healthy and did nothing and won all three games.

No idea why all the sudden the 0-9 Browns means we have to have LF to win the game.

The Browns have talent, they can pull this one out of things go their way for sure. But LF is not the end all be all in this game.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Doesn't change the fact we had no LF/LF when he was not healthy and did nothing and won all three games.

No idea why all the sudden the 0-9 Browns means we have to have LF to win the game.

The Browns have talent, they can pull this one out of things go their way for sure. But LF is not the end all be all in this game.

We're also missing some OLine guys though.  Which just doubles up on the challenge of running the ball without Fournette.

And from the sounds of it, we're going to see some pretty crappy weather.  Bortles doesn't have the arm to really drive the ball in those sort of conditions, and our receivers struggle enough with their hands even when it's nice.  If Blake has to start tossing it around a bunch in the wind/rain/sleet/whatever, it has the potential to go pretty disastrously.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

As a Jaguars fan, i really want them to be cautious with it and make sure he's good to go and isn't jeopardizing recovery/health for future weeks.

But also, especially as a Fournette fantasy owner, i really wish they'd just make a decision one way or the other.

Archived