Mason Rudolph Trade

Raidersfan1

Houston is a good trade partner. No QBs with a long term plan to draft QB with a top five pick.

The sweetener. Devin Bush. On a team rebuilding the secondary with no linebackers. 

The return: Brevin Jordan TE

Somewhat of a body catcher but good athleticism and potential

Edited by Raidersfan1

• 2 weeks later...

Brevin Jordan has a good bit of upside for the Texans. Mills is a very talented prospect, and only thing Rudolph is doing is backing up there as well. Texans can get Rudolph for a 7th rounder and a bag of balls.. Id say wait for waivers Jacksonville probably wont take him, but Detroit might be interested. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I think Mason gonna be playing for his NFL career this preseason. I can see him out of the league by 2024. He offers so little

I still remember certain Steeler fans arguing the front office would be okay going into this season with Mason as QB1.   So comfortable...they overpaid a bust backup caliber QB and reached for a 1st round QB, both of which will be ahead of him on the depth chart.   Mason is competing more against the 7th rd guy than Pickett or Trubisky.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just thinking, what if the opportunity came up where a team loses a starter early and....we traded away Mitch instead, if the return was good. Seems to me Mitch as a starter for a whole season and potentially next under his low contract is worth at least a 1st rounder for a team in dire need. Sounds a little crazy but not unreasonable to contemplate it.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Trubiski >> Rudolph in arm strength.  I would much rather have Trubiski on a team even as a backup than Rudolph.  Trubiski can make those out throws with enough zip that I do not cringe.

They're both backups that can steal a game. Or two. Rudolph is Batch. Trubisky is Leftwich.

Money was the difference for me bc it's like splitting hairs. But I was wrong. Any team trading for Trubisky would only be on the hook for a $1m bucks + potential incentives. He'll never hit those here or there, which means we're going to Kennywood by midseason. Hopefully it's not closed by then...

60% - $1m + $1m 2023 roster bonus

70% - $1.5m + $4m 2023 roster bonus

80% - $2m + $4m 2023 roster bonus

70% + playoffs - extra $2.5m

80% + playoffs - extra $4m

It looks like Trubisky's best offer was 1 year, $6m, because it's designed as a one year contract with incentives he'll never hit, which is what he had last year. Minus the illusion of being a starter.

The thing on 1st Rd busts is they retire quicker bc they got the money already. Pride factor. Not gonna backup.

I would take Rudolph over Trubisky. Because I bet Trubisky signed his last contract in the NFL

I do hope they trade Mason. There is no reason to have him here. Mitch is very likely the starter and there is no reason Kenny can't be the second string guy. Don't take the $3M hit for an inactive player and don't waste practice snaps on a fake competition. 

Do him and the team a favor and just move on. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I do hope they trade Mason. There is no reason to have him here. Mitch is very likely the starter and there is no reason Kenny can't be the second string guy. Don't take the $3M hit for an inactive player and don't waste practice snaps on a fake competition. 

Do him and the team a favor and just move on. 

This. All of this. Youre wasting your time and his career by continuing to make him believe there is even a slight chance here. Maybe he does win a starting job elsewhere, who knows, but give him a chance to find out.