Which short-term dynasty do you consider the best?

Bolts223

Which short-term dynasty do you consider the best?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which short-term dynasty do you consider the best?

• Steelers (1974, 1975, 1978, 1979)
    • Cowboys (1992, 1993, 1995)
    • Patriots (2001, 2003, 2004)
    • Patriots (2014, 2016, 2018)

This exercise made me realize for the first time that the Patriots were either tied or losing in every single 4th quarter for all six Super Bowl wins. And all 9 Super Bowls under Brady overall.

Kind of mind blowing that they didn't get a single decisive win.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

This exercise made me realize for the first time that the Patriots were either tied or losing in every single 4th quarter for all six Super Bowl wins. And all 9 Super Bowls under Brady overall.

There were only two Super Bowls I was confident we were going to win even though it was tight: McNabb's Eagles and Goff's Rams.

Once I saw Goff playing like his pubes were on fire I knew we were going to win.

29 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

All the ones they lost were really close as well. (3-points in 2007, 4 points in 2011, 8 points in 2017)

[just talking the Brady/Belichick Pats, obviously. I know they lost big to the 85 Bears)

Edited by Bolts223

26 minutes ago, biggie. said:

There were only two Super Bowls I was confident we were going to win even though it was tight: McNabb's Eagles and Goff's Rams.

Once I saw Goff playing like his pubes were on fire I knew we were going to win.

Are you only talking Super Bowls you won or were you actually not confident going into SB 42?

Edited by Bolts223

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Are you only talking Super Bowls you won or were you actually not confident going into SB 42?

We all had a bad feeling about SB42.

Reports said we were absolutely terrible in practice leading up to the game. The pressure of going 19-0 was getting to us.

NYG also nearly beat us in the season finale even though they had absolutely nothing to play for.

10 hours ago, biggie. said:

We all had a bad feeling about SB42.

Reports said we were absolutely terrible in practice leading up to the game. The pressure of going 19-0 was getting to us.

NYG also nearly beat us in the season finale even though they had absolutely nothing to play for.

Yeah people forget that the Giants in week 17 had the biggest lead any team had on the Pats all season. All Pats fans knew that at the very least they were going to give us a game. It was also compounded on by watching the Giants elevante their play in the playoffs and beating some really great teams while the Pats kinda coasted. The Giants were also a horrible match up for the Pats in general. Like if you were going to build a team to beat the 07 Patriots, you would probably just build that Giants defense along with a competent offense with a couple playmakers. 

Not going to say it meant people were expecting a loss, but most fans who actually paid attention that season knew it was going to be a real game they had the potential to lose. 

In fact if I had to choose at the time, I would have rather played the #1 seed Cowboys or #2 seed Packers in that SB. They were just a much more favorable matchup.

Edited by lancerman

For this thread it's between the Steelers and second Patriots team. Steelers have 4 and the steel curtain was dominant. Pats only have 3 but it's worth nothing that from 2014 to 2018 they went to 4 Super Bowls including 3 in a row and were a missed extra point from potentially going to 5 in row. 

On 6/23/2022 at 1:05 AM, FrantikRam said:

We've had years off our lives. YEARS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

always wondered this

would pat fans take the current history of SB wins over this

win 42 and have the GOAT team no argument, but lose the Sea and ATL superbowls

I'd swap any ONE SB for the 42, but probably wouldn't swap any 2. In terms of net-euphoria, I think winning 2 SBs trumps even the best ever 1. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd swap any ONE SB for the 42, but probably wouldn't swap any 2. In terms of net-euphoria, I think winning 2 SBs trumps even the best ever 1. 

that makes sense, especially when you consider the ways you guys won those two. the cloud 9 feeling had to be out of this world that it makes up for the horrible feeling from 42

• Like 1

10 hours ago, August4th said:

always wondered this

would pat fans take the current history of SB wins over this

win 42 and have the GOAT team no argument, but lose the Sea and ATL superbowls

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I’m not sure I’d trade Seattle/Atlanta just because of the moments they created, but I’d probably do Carolina/Philly and the second Rams rings.