53 Man + Practice Squad

lumberjackchris

30 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

We need to claim Trey Sermon from the 9er’s. Pierce has never had a ton of carry’s, so it would behoove the team to have another big, strong, powerful RB

I'd go Treyveon Williams. Excellent fit next to Pierce. Speedy guy, catches passes. Perfect third down option and young as well. Also a Houston kid. Mack on the PS satisfies the need to have another back who is bigger in case Pierce gets injured. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I'd go Treyveon Williams. Excellent fit next to Pierce. Speedy guy, catches passes. Perfect third down option and young as well. Also a Houston kid. Mack on the PS satisfies the need to have another back who is bigger in case Pierce gets injured. 

True, ya my other thought was a receiving back to groom to replace Burkhead on the roster next year. But I guess Mack on the PS fills that role. But when you see the talent that Sermon has, idk if Nick will pass that up 

50 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

True, ya my other thought was a receiving back to groom to replace Burkhead on the roster next year. But I guess Mack on the PS fills that role. But when you see the talent that Sermon has, idk if Nick will pass that up 

I honestly haven't seen much of Sermon but what I have seen reminds me some of what Pierce does. Like Mack, they don't compliment each other. They do the same thing. Just keep putting talent on the team.

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

I honestly haven't seen much of Sermon but what I have seen reminds me some of what Pierce does. Like Mack, they don't compliment each other. They do the same thing. Just keep putting talent on the team.

That’s kind of my point. We can’t expect a rookie RB who never shouldered the load in college to come out and carry the ball 300+ times over a 17 game season. We need another back like him to fill the void.

8 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Sermon REALLY busted hard for a very friendly run system (it's the Shanny ZBS). I think he looked as good as he did in college because he was surrounded by NFL talent...

I wouldn't really get too upset with it, but I think Sermon lacks vision and really doesn't project well here - he'd sort of be like Philip Lindsey here.

10 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/07/texans-sign-gerrid-doaks-release-paul-quessenberry/

We just picked up a RB Gerrid Doaks. I've been watching him a little bit, I think he could actually become our #2 RB. I think we signed him to the practice squad. 

Please cut Freeman and give Doaks that opportunity. You know what you have in Freeman and it isn't much. 

• Like 1