Let’s be honest: which projected starter on your team sucks?

Soko

We all have them. And I don’t mean JAG, league average type guys. Some players are backup/CFL quality and end up starting games. If there’s a position/player with injury problems and there’s terrible depth, feel free to bring them up too. 

For New England, the glaring spot is cornerback. Jon Jones, Adrian Phillips, rookie Marcus Jones, and Jabrill Peppers will make the slot/interior of the secondary a respectable space. But the outside? You’ve got Malcolm Butler, who looked like burnt toast…two years ago, before he took a year off. Terrence Mitchell. Jalen Mills. 2nd round bust Joejuan Williams. 4th round rookie Jack Jones (who actually has looked better than the rest and may earn a starting gig). That’s a lot of unproven talent and washed up players that were respectable 3-5 seasons ago. 

Linebacker also deserves some mention, because a combo of former 2nd rounder Josh Uche, 3rd rounder Ronnie Perkins, Anferne Jennings, Raekwon McMillian, Cameron McGrone, and/or Mack Wilson, will be seeing decent snaps. Judon will be the main edge backer and Bentley will be the primary off-ball LBer, but those other guys will need to step up. Most haven’t seen the field in a Patriot uniform, so they might not exactly “suck” yet, but there’s no name recognition there at all. 

• Like 1

It’s a tough one for the Rams. I think the offensive side of the ball is pretty stacked at the skill positions. On the Oline there’s questions as to how Noteboom will do Now that he’s stepping in for Big Whit and they’ll have a rookie on the line as well.. however I’m more worried about: 

Outside backer opposite of Floyd. It’s between Hollins and Terrell Lewis who can’t stay healthy. Both have potential but haven’t shown to be proven starters yet. 

Cornerback depth- ALOT of young guys behind Jalen. While Rams fans are glad to have Troy hill back, he’s nothing too special and after him it’s David Long, Rochelle, and some rookies that fans are excited to see. 

Safety- the Rams lost both starting safeties right before the playoffs last year and still held it down with very solid play From Nick Scott (who’s earned a chance to start) and weddle who came out of retirement. Fully healthy, they get Fuller back who imo is a beast. But after that it’s unproven players like Burgess, Quentin Lake the rookie, and Taylor Rapp who’s only proven to be a liability. 

Only positions that come to mind for the Rams are P, S and CB2

But S could be Jordan Fuller who was great two years ago, meh last year, and then Nick Scott, who had an incredible INT of Brady in the playoffs and laid out Deebo. I wouldn't say either "sucked", probably closer to JAGs.

CB2 could be Troy Hill, who Browns fans would say "sucked", but it'll be a competition between him, Robert Rochell and the rookies draft this year.

Honestly, it's probably punter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

It’s a tough one for the Rams. I think the offensive side of the ball is pretty stacked at the skill positions. On the Oline there’s questions as to how Noteboom will do Now that he’s stepping in for Big Whit and they’ll have a rookie on the line as well.. however I’m more worried about: 

Outside backer opposite of Floyd. It’s between Hollins and Terrell Lewis who can’t stay healthy. Both have potential but haven’t shown to be proven starters yet. 

Cornerback depth- ALOT of young guys behind Jalen. While Rams fans are glad to have Troy hill back, he’s nothing too special and after him it’s David Long, Rochelle, and some rookies that fans are excited to see. 

Safety- the Rams lost both starting safeties right before the playoffs last year and still held it down with very solid play From Nick Scott (who’s earned a chance to start) and weddle who came out of retirement. Fully healthy, they get Fuller back who imo is a beast. But after that it’s unproven players like Burgess, Quentin Lake the rookie, and Taylor Rapp who’s only proven to be a liability. 

I may be in the minority on this but I think Hollins is an average starter, so I have no issues with him being penciled in there. He played great before getting hurt last year.

Take your choice on the interior offensive line for the 49ers. 

The projected guards and centers right now would be Aaron Banks (who couldn't even start the season on the active roster last year and didn't crack it until McG went down for the year), Daniel Brunskill (a perfectly replacement level guy who isn't going to torpedo you if he's the worst starter on your line but is probably best used as jack of all trades 6th offensive lineman), and Jake Brendel...a 30 year old lifetime back up with 3 starts under his belt and 6 offensive snaps since 2019. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I may be in the minority on this but I think Hollins is an average starter, so I have no issues with him being penciled in there. He played great before getting hurt last year.

Nah I do agree for sure! I actually think Lewis can do something good too. It’ll be a great battle. However, both have Injury problems. Holland missed most of last year and Lewis has that Knee problem. If one of them stays healthy and plays up to what we think they’re actually capable of, then this position isn’t an option for this thread. One just has to have a Good year because neither has shown anything other than flashes between injuries. 

No one that's a projected starter for the Titans "sucks" IMO.  But there are a lot of WRs that ought to be one spot further down the pecking order than they are, if that counts.  It's tough to say, since there are two rookies and two sophomore players in the WR room, but Nick Westbrook-Ikhine might be our No. 2 WR now, and as a No. 2 WR, he would most definitely suck (if he's not way better than last year).

Caleb Farley and Dillon Radunz kinda sucked as rookies, and both are projected starters, but they're also almost certainly way better than last season.  Radunz was dog**** in every appearance he made, until he started against the 49ers, where he looked OK.  Farley of course was recovering from a long injury history, and neither had played football in over a year, so no surprises there.  There's every reason to think they're already much better players now than last year.

• Like 1