Let’s be honest: which projected starter on your team sucks?

Soko

Probably one of the rookies. Karlaftis and McDuffie are both already projected to start. Moore and Chenal likely see a lot of playing time at their spots. Kinnard might take RT. Statistically speaking, one of them will likely suck.

Otherwise, we got rid of the main veteran culprits of recent years here, in Sorensen, Niemann, and Hitchens.

Whoever wins the job at RT might suck. Wylie and Niang are far from stars. One of those spots, the hope is someone steps up. Don't really care who, but someone needs to.

Frank Clark lives on the edge of solid but overpaid and flat out bad.

Fins desperately needed o-line help. Did they get it from two excellent FA's and new coaches that can get the most out of talent with a new blocking system? Or is Austin Jackson a total first-rd offensive line bust? 

We'll find out this year. Til then he is the weakest link. 

I think the Eagles edge starters are going to be Sweat and Reddick.

I could see one of the safeties not being great but they have Tartt now to replace the weaker link.

I think the biggest question is Hurts as a passer (he is putting in the work but we will see if it translates)

If he can't make a decent step forward then the upgrades won't help all that much.

My concern is depth, like if Sanders misses a bunch of time and they are not playing the Giants (Boston Scott owns the Giants)

Sadly, Jamin Davis is probably the closest to “sucks” status on the starting 22. I retain high hopes for his potential, but he was…not real good…last year.

All reports are that they’re going to stop fooling with him as an MLB and basically just use him as half-field player, which should simplify things a bit and let his ridiculous athleticism sing. 

I continue to assume they’ll eventually re-sign Landon Collins for the other “OLB” spot, in which case that spot definitively will not suck based on how he played there last year. But if they don’t bring him back, whomever they use in that WLB/nickel/hybrid spot might suck. Especially if it’s Davis and they put David Mayo on the field regularly as a “true MLB.” Then it’s bad bad. 

• Like 1

RT Alex Leatherwood. 

Outside of the other 23 starters (which includes NB and Slot WR), I wouldn’t say anyone “sucks” but SS Johnathan Abram, C Andre James, G Eluemonor, WR Keelan Cole, ILB Jayon Brown, and our entire IDL group are pretty underwhelming. 

Hoping Leatherwood improves and we sign Suh. 

Edited by BayRaider

Tempted to say Isaiah Wynn. He needs a prove it season coming up. 

you’ve mentioned the second CB slot, they all kind of suck even though BB can make it seem like they don’t. Somehow Jalen Mills is now important to us.

as for the LB, unless we are playing someone like Harvey Langi, I can’t identify one that sucks. They’re all just average. 

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

No one that's a projected starter for the Titans "sucks" IMO.  But there are a lot of WRs that ought to be one spot further down the pecking order than they are, if that counts.

Basically how I feel about Cleveland. Cooper is a high end 2, DPJ is a 3-4, and everyone is assuming a dude who was awesome at Purdue with a RAS under 3 is going to replicate Jarvis in the slot.

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yeah. Tillery isn’t really a starter in Staley’s defense.

I would say Storm Norton if he starts at RT again. Crossing my fingers that Pipkins breaks out this year finally and becomes a good OT. 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Norton WON'T start for us. Pipkins will be much better than him. Even if Norton is somehow better than Pipkins, Feiler will go to RT. Zion + Salyer or Jaimes would fill in at the guard spots better than Norton would at RT.

21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

We all have them. And I don’t mean JAG, league average type guys. Some players are backup/CFL quality and end up starting games. If there’s a position/player with injury problems and there’s terrible depth, feel free to bring them up too. 

For New England, the glaring spot is cornerback. Jon Jones, Adrian Phillips, rookie Marcus Jones, and Jabrill Peppers will make the slot/interior of the secondary a respectable space. But the outside? You’ve got Malcolm Butler, who looked like burnt toast…two years ago, before he took a year off. Terrence Mitchell. Jalen Mills. 2nd round bust Joejuan Williams. 4th round rookie Jack Jones (who actually has looked better than the rest and may earn a starting gig). That’s a lot of unproven talent and washed up players that were respectable 3-5 seasons ago. 

Linebacker also deserves some mention, because a combo of former 2nd rounder Josh Uche, 3rd rounder Ronnie Perkins, Anferne Jennings, Raekwon McMillian, Cameron McGrone, and/or Mack Wilson, will be seeing decent snaps. Judon will be the main edge backer and Bentley will be the primary off-ball LBer, but those other guys will need to step up. Most haven’t seen the field in a Patriot uniform, so they might not exactly “suck” yet, but there’s no name recognition there at all. 

For the Falcons:

QB Marcus Mariota

LG Jalen Mayfield

RT Kaleb McGary

ILB Deion Jones (though, I think he gets cut)

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

RT Alex Leatherwood. 

Outside of the other 23 starters (which includes NB and Slot WR), I wouldn’t say anyone “sucks” but SS Johnathan Abram, C Andre James, G Eluemonor, WR Keelan Cole, ILB Jayon Brown, and our entire IDL group are pretty underwhelming. 

Hoping Leatherwood improves and we sign Suh. 

I really don't get Leatherwood. He was a monster in college and looked great playing in the SEC and had his best games against the best competition. Maybe Vegas is just cursed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I really don't get Leatherwood. He was a monster in college and looked great playing in the SEC and had his best games against the best competition. Maybe Vegas is just cursed.

He's like the least mobile tackle in his draft class and has huge issues bending at the waist. He had very long arms but also reaches a lot which messes with balance, letting him get beaten by power. Issues with speed that people assumed would be mitigated because HiS aRmS are TwO iNcHeS lOnGeR tHaN tHe OtHeR gUy.

Watching him individually, he was NOT an NFL starting T which is why a good chunk of people had him as a mid to late rounder with a huge frame. The hype was more an issue of people scouting the school and the production, and not the actual player. If you win ugly in college, it doesn't always translate against better competition. 

• Like 3