Who do you consider to be the S-tier Super Bowl winners?

Bolts223

On 6/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

96 Packers were S-Tier. #1 in Points Scored. #1 in Points Allowed. +246 point differential. Average point differential was +15.3

13-3 record, with losses to the 9-7 Vikings, 9-7 Chiefs, and 10-6 Cowboys. 

That team was unbelievably dominant.

Team was hilariously loaded practically everywhere. Would put them up against any team in history.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, Bolts223 said:

S-tier meaning the best of the best, among the greatest of all-time, etc.

For me it would probably be:

• 1972 Dolphins
  • 1975 Steelers
  • 1984 49ers
  • 1985 Bears
  • 1989 49ers
  • 1991 Redskins
  • 1994 49ers
  • 1996 Packers
  • 1998 Broncos
  • 1999 Rams
  • 2004 Patriots
  • 2013 Seahawks

LOL at no Cowboys teams: 77 and 92 especially. Without those teams this list sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

What’s your case for them?

and give me something other than names on paper 

From wiki:

• It was only the third defense since 1980 to hold opponents to fewer than 4,000 yards in a 16-game season. The other defenses to have done it are recognized as two of the greatest of modern era – the 1984 Chicago Bears and the 1991 Philadelphia Eagles.
  • It was the second defense to rank No. 1 in fewest yards yielded without sending a player to the Pro Bowl. The 1983 Cincinnati Bengals, who had a losing record were the first.
  • The defense finished first in the NFL in total defense (245.8 yards-per-game), while the secondary finished the year fifth in passing defense (168.1 yards-per-game).
  • It led the NFL in defense against the rush and fewest first downs allowed. Its league lead in preventing third-down conversions was staggering. Dallas's opponents converted 27.2 percent. The Seattle Seahawks ranked second at 32.6 percent.
  • It set a club record by holding the Seattle Seahawks to 62 yards in a 27–0 victory and closed the season by holding the Chicago Bears to fewer than 100 yards.
  • Super Bowl XXVII saw the Cowboys defense at its best, producing a Super Bowl record 9 turnovers (5 fumbles and 4 interceptions) and even scoring two touchdowns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Dallas_Cowboys_season

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

What’s your case for them?

and give me something other than names on paper 

My case!? WTF.

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

I don't need to give a case. They are better than more than half the teams on your list. If you don't know about those teams then you don't know much about the history of the NFL. Give me a break. Instead of asking me or anyone else to give you a case, why don't you go STUDY and look up what the 92 Cowboys and 77 Cowboys were all about, 'smart guy'

Also a big LOL at names on paper. You mean names that PRODUCED A DYNASTY. On paper my ***. Your list sucks.

Edited by bootsy

10 hours ago, TVScout said:

From wiki:

• It was only the third defense since 1980 to hold opponents to fewer than 4,000 yards in a 16-game season. The other defenses to have done it are recognized as two of the greatest of modern era – the 1984 Chicago Bears and the 1991 Philadelphia Eagles.
  • It was the second defense to rank No. 1 in fewest yards yielded without sending a player to the Pro Bowl. The 1983 Cincinnati Bengals, who had a losing record were the first.
  • The defense finished first in the NFL in total defense (245.8 yards-per-game), while the secondary finished the year fifth in passing defense (168.1 yards-per-game).
  • It led the NFL in defense against the rush and fewest first downs allowed. Its league lead in preventing third-down conversions was staggering. Dallas's opponents converted 27.2 percent. The Seattle Seahawks ranked second at 32.6 percent.
  • It set a club record by holding the Seattle Seahawks to 62 yards in a 27–0 victory and closed the season by holding the Chicago Bears to fewer than 100 yards.
  • Super Bowl XXVII saw the Cowboys defense at its best, producing a Super Bowl record 9 turnovers (5 fumbles and 4 interceptions) and even scoring two touchdowns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Dallas_Cowboys_season

Thanks for this but if you to explain to this guy why the 92 Cowboys are one of the greatest teams of all time then this guy doesn't know much but you did you damn thing so props.

Edited by bootsy

10 hours ago, bootsy said:

My case!? WTF.

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

I don't need to give a case. They are better than more than half the teams on your list. If you don't know about those teams then you don't know much about the history of the NFL. Give me a break. Instead of asking me or anyone else to give you a case, why don't you go STUDY and look up what the 92 Cowboys and 77 Cowboys were all about, 'smart guy'

Also a big LOL at names on paper. You mean names that PRODUCED A DYNASTY. On paper my ***. Your list sucks.

A “dynasty” has nothing to do with individual single season teams ranking list 

10 hours ago, bootsy said:

Thanks for this but if you to explain to this guy why the 92 Cowboys are one of the greatest teams of all time then this guy doesn't know much but you did you damn thing so props.

The 2013 Seahawks are one of the “greatest teams of all time” but their not in that inner circle. That’s what we are debating, are the Cowboys in that inner circle. 

I don’t think they have any case over the 91 Skins, 84/89 49ers, 1978 Steelers, 1985 Bears etc

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

1985 Bears

Why would you consider that team to be a dynasty? One Super Bowl win does not a dynasty make.

Perhaps the only way to settle this is to add up the number of Pro Bowlers those teams drafted or traded for.

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

A “dynasty” has nothing to do with individual single season teams ranking list 

A dynasty has everything to do with it especially when you tell me give me something other than names on paper. Huh? Which makes no sense. You have to have names if you want to make a case for how great a team is. Wow you are not good nor smart man. You are asking me to make a case for a dominant Super Bowl champion and the team of the 90s in the NFL. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT!

It's not my job to make a case it's your job to know what a great dominant team is and you failed to do that with this list by excluding them. Every historian, expert of the NFL that I know has the 92 Cowboys as one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL. You coming up with this list like you know what you are talking about is on some next level ridiculousness.

Edited by bootsy

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The 2013 Seahawks are one of the “greatest teams of all time” but their not in that inner circle. That’s what we are debating, are the Cowboys in that inner circle. 

I don’t think they have any case over the 91 Skins, 84/89 49ers, 1978 Steelers, 1985 Bears etc

2013 Seahawks are not one of the greatest teams of all time. They had a great defense and an average offense especially in the passing game.  The NFC was weak that year as well. You need to go study the history of the NFL because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by bootsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Why would you consider that team to be a dynasty? One Super Bowl win does not a dynasty make.

Perhaps the only way to settle this is to add up the number of Pro Bowlers those teams drafted or traded for.

I never said the 85 bears were a dynasty. I said the Cowboys individual teams get slightly overrated because they were a dynasty. I don’t think any of their individual Super Bowl teams have a case for GOAT team. 

The 85 Bears are a GOAT candidate 

1 hour ago, bootsy said:

2013 Seahawks are not one of the greatest teams of all time. They had a great defense and an average offense especially in the passing game.  The NFC was weak that year as well. You need to go study the history of the NFL because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Absolutely they are one of the 20 best teams in NFL history. Their just not in the inner circle. Kinda like the 92 Cowboys. 

The seahawks were 7th in offensive efficiency so if that was “average” I don’t know what to tell you

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/final-2013-dvoa-ratings