Who do you consider to be the S-tier Super Bowl winners?

Bolts223

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

It shouldn’t have ever been a debate because they have no case.

Better record better point differential(not close), scored more points gave up fewer points did it against a better schedule. Cowboys have a bigger blowout Super Bowl win but against a worst version of the bills. 

The Cowboys claim to fame is their offensive line, and Washington gave up fewer sacks that season 

That is not their claim to fame. There claim to fame is that they had a 3 headed HOF monster known as the triplets, they had a HOF coach who gutted their roster and rebuilt it thru smart trades and the draft, they had a very fast athletic opportunistic defense, they were a DYNASTY that won 3 SBs in 4 years and were the team of the 90s. The offensive line is just a piece of that.

Furthermore giving up sacks is not a good barometer in evaluating an offensive line. There are several factors in a sack: QB holding the ball too long, how quickly the receivers get open, playcalling and general offensive coordinator philosophy. They gave up 23 sacks that year which was the 2nd lowest in the NFL. I wouldn't expect you to factor any of this because you have displayed multiple times that you don't know what the hell you are talking  about.

Edited by bootsy
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, bootsy said:

That is not their claim to fame. There claim to fame is that they had a 3 headed HOF monster known as the triplets, they had a HOF coach who gutted their roster and rebuilt it thru smart trades and the draft, they had a very fast athletic opportunistic defense, they were a DYNASTY that won 3 SBs in 4 years and were the team of the 90s. The offensive line is just a piece of that.

Furthermore giving up sacks is not a good barometer in evaluating an offensive line. There are several factors in a sack: QB holding the ball too long, how quickly the receivers get open, playcalling and general offensive coordinator philosophy. They gave up 23 sacks that year which was the 2nd lowest in the NFL. I wouldn't expect you to factor any of this because you have displayed multiple times that you don't know what the hell you are talking  about.

There’s no argument for the Dallas offensive line to be better than the Washington line.

that Dallas team has zero case over that Washington team by any objective measure. Basically all the traditional and advanced stats to go to Washington. 

Edited by CP3MVP

Back to the 96 Packers, I'm surprised how competitive most of SB31 was despite the talent gap. It was 27-21 before Howard's 99 yard return and our defense largely kept Favre in check.

Edited by biggie.

3 hours ago, biggie. said:

Back to the 96 Packers, I'm surprised how competitive most of SB31 was despite the talent gap. It was 27-21 before Howard's 99 yard return and our defense largely kept Favre in check.

One of those games that was always closer than it felt like it was when actually watching it.

22 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

There’s no argument for the Dallas offensive line to be better than the Washington line.

that Dallas team has zero case over that Washington team by any objective measure. Basically all the traditional and advanced stats to go to Washington. 

There is an argument but I don't care because that's not what the MAIN topic is about. It's about the greatest teams of all time and you left off one of the greatest because you don't know anything and you getting constantly schooled in this thread.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:22 PM, CP3MVP said:

Nah they were a top ten offense that year. Top ten in offensive efficiency. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/final-2013-dvoa-ratings

again it’s not that hard 

YEAH they were an average offense. They were a poor passing team. In the bottom half of the league. 26th in passing yards and 17 in yards overall. That ain't even close to a great offense. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2013.htm

Try again

Edited by bootsy

On 7/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, bootsy said:

There is an argument but I don't care because that's not what the MAIN topic is about. It's about the greatest teams of all time and you left off one of the greatest because you don't know anything and you getting constantly schooled in this thread.

Yeah their not in that first tier of teams who actually have a case for GOAT team. They are at best the 4th best team of the 1990’s much less all time. 91 Washington, 96 packers, 98 Broncos  are all better. 1999 Rams have an argument but their schedule was trash 

On 7/2/2022 at 5:17 PM, bootsy said:

YEAH they were and average offense. They were a poor passing team. In the bottom half of the league. 26th in passing yards and 17 in yards overall. That ain't even close to a great offense. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2013.htm

Try again

Yeah top ten in offensive efficiency. Good thing I don’t judge offenses and defenses by outdated metrics like raw PPG. You probably think the 2015 Broncos were the 4th best defense of that season lol

On 7/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, biggie. said:

Parcels finest coaching job 

13 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah top ten in offensive efficiency. Good thing I don’t judge offenses and defenses by outdated metrics like raw PPG. You probably think the 2015 Broncos were the 4th best defense of that season lol

Except I didn't judge them by raw PPG. I judged them by where their offense ranked in yards. PAY ATTENTION! You just don't read/pay attention well at all. No wonder your list/arguments are full of swiss cheese holes. 

You really trying to make an argument like they had some elite offense. Like I said (read it slowly this time), you can't be an elite offense ranked 17th in yards and not have balance in the running and passing game. They were a very good running offense and a mediocre passing offense.

Edited by bootsy

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 10:32 AM, LieutenantGains said:

To add to this, I feel the same about the 1999 Rams. Yes, they have the 2nd best point differential of the Super Bowl era, but that schedule...

I never took a close look at that schedule. Wow, its bad.

• 2-14
  • 3-13
  • 3-13
  • 4-12
  • 4-12
  • 4-12
  • 5-11 (L) week 17 half effort
  • 5-11
  • 5-11
  • 6-10
  • 7-9
  • 8-8 (L)