WK 11: Titans (6-3) at Steelers (7-2) TNF!

titansNvolsR#1

7 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I think the foot injury and the hammy injury are still in the back of Marcus' mind. He's been pretty skiddish in the pocket this year, but I still have 100% faith that he's our franchise guy. He'll bounce back. This was a bad game, and statistically he hasn't had a great year, but the whole offense has been bad this year. Our run game, OLine, and receivers have been incredibly inconsistent all year long. It's pretty impossible to get the car rolling down the freeway when its got three flat tires. Our playcalling especially in that 2 minutes before tha half was also terrible, but I don't wanna get into all that again. Just overall complete inconsistency from the entire unit. Marcus played his worst game. It's unfortunate that it happened in primetime like it did, but I'm not going to give up on him because of it. Especially when every aspect of our offense has been under performing in their own right. Even the best QBs can't pull out wins when the team around them is in shambles.  The blame for our offensive woes goes on everyone not just Marcus.

Our Inner O-Line isn't giving him clean pockets to step up in.  So I don't know if he is trusting his line like he used too.  He's been sacked like 9 times in the last 2 games. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

16-0, 5000 yards passing 58 TDs.  Anything else is a failure.

It's a bad year. He didn't get the off-season he should have with the broken leg. Hamstring wasn't good until last week for the most part. And he is still learning. 
Manning has 23 INTs in his 4th year.
McNair didn't reach his MVP form until Year 9.
Drew Brees  threw 11 TDs 15 INTs his 3rd year.

Ah forget it..lol Can't use any type of reason around here.

Just one more because I just want to show how silly it is to think you are going to give up on a QB after year 3.

Big Ben 18 TDs 23 INTs in year 3.

Will Murlakey be Mariota's coach his whole career?  100% no. Unless we do some real Patriot like Super Bowl winning. lol

This whole "is Marcus the guy" thing is dumb...

What we really need to talk about is how BAD Murray looked. With the skycam you could clearly see holes open up but he wasn't hitting very often if at all. Looked slow. Like if Henry looks faster then you and has more burst then there is a problem. Not saying Henry doesn't have great quickness for a guy his size BUT COME ON NOW. 

Hard to figure out what the problem is right now with the offense. We have a lot of talent but still young players. IDK but this one hurts. AND I HATE HATE HATE Thursday night games. Oh well

I see 4 wins in front of us.. And we are still having a good season win wise. Offense has been a HUGE let down after last year and the weapons we brought in. Injuries and odd playcalling at times and out of sync stuff and dropped TDs.  Just str8 up poor play at times. Just a very up and down team right now. Really didnt think the offense would be letting the defense down this year. Crazy.

I think the fact that people are so wild and crazy bout Marcus shows that this game is a complete anomaly of a game. Nobody expected 4 Ints from him because it just doesn't happen.

I mean as bad as he played, it still goes down as one game.  Ben threw 5 Ints earlier this year. I just wish people would step back for a second to see the world isn't on fire. Season goes up and down.

It was a perfect storm of bad.

Thursday night game...short week. Pittsburgh team looking for something to prove. In Pittsburgh.

Would it have looked different after a full week on a Sunday afternoon? Maybe. 

Not worried. Just disappointed in the offense.

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

Yeah those are some VY numbers for sure.

BUT TO BE FAIR, Its not all on him... Not saying he isn't playing meh like but you guys are acting like we got Mett show back there or something. He had a bad game. He has what 3 new WRs this year and didn't get a offseason with two of them? Idk I just feel like if anyone thinks Marcus isn't a franchise guy is just mad right now. Marcus has made some pretty damn good throws in his 3 years. And some pretty amazing runs as well. 

Can't believe we are 6-4 and I have to defend Marcus being a franchise guy...Meh

3 dropped Td's and 6 drops in the past two games, too. That Delanie drop killed the offense. Couldn't do anything the rest of the game after that.

40 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

3 dropped Td's and 6 drops in the past two games, too. That Delanie drop killed the offense. Couldn't do anything the rest of the game after that.

It’s on him, he’s the QB he has to play better & demand his teammates to step it up, he looks so bad this year it’s like what happen. He throws a head scratching interception every game. He’s skittish in the pocket & he so calm & soft spoken it’s hurting the team. The team feeds off his energy.

1 hour ago, footlunder said:

yes they are.  and you're an idiot if you think he needs to be replaced.  

I don't think many are calling for his head. But there's absolutely cause for concern, the posters that want to ignore it and blame Mularkey for everything are being equally as foolish.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:55 AM, titans0021 said:

I don't think many are calling for his head. But there's absolutely cause for concern, the posters that want to ignore it and blame Mularkey for everything are being equally as foolish.

No one is blaming Mularkey for everything.  This place is pretty levelheaded.  Scheme matters though.  Check out Michael Kist on twitter.

Archived