WK 11: Titans (6-3) at Steelers (7-2) TNF!

titansNvolsR#1

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Mariota strengths is a high tempo offense wit playmakers than can play in space. Just because you see us in 4 wide & throwing quick passes doesn’t mean we’re playing towards his strength. Our WR don’t even run creative routes, route concepts are basic & pretty much the same. Mariota said that we need to get Taywan going he’s a threat to score & is special, but you have a coach that rarely plays him unless he’s trying a gadget play. Corey Davis can run every route & line up inside or outside, & all you see him run is comeback routes & shallow crosses. Our Offense is TE friendly 2 back personnel & play action that’s it 

I think this where I find some conflict.  It is kind of "chicken or egg" type stuff.

Marcus has shown that he can consistently handle a high volume of throws.  More importantly, our defense definitely hasn't shown it could handle the consequences of an high tempo offense. Also, is there a team in the league really truly running an 100% high tempo offense? 

Keeping things related to the purpose of the thread, last night Davis wasn't exactly a technician with his route running. Local radio was very crucial on him about it. Said he needs to work on his routes. (Blaine Bishop and Frank Wycheck). 

We do have talent on the team and I agree that we don't appear to be using guys full potential.  I do support our offensive approach. Run first. But I'm not fully behind the playcalling and the formations we use. When it works, we get those long passes to Matthews and beautiful wide open guys. But when it doesn't we get 3 and outs.  I think we all mentioned it but our run game just isn't cutting it either. Murray isn't running like he was last year and Henry doesn't have the creative running ability needed to create.

I want to see how this season ends before I start thinking about firing a head coach. Things have improved since Murlakey and Robinson has taken over. Our wins, production..etc. While many of us may not like how it looks and how the game goes, but if we win, I can't find a lot of support for change.  I'm perfectly fine with being the most ugly Super Bowl winning team ever if we can do it that way.  Vs. Being the prettiest, high scoring team that floats in and out the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Mariota strengths is a high tempo offense wit playmakers than can play in space. Just because you see us in 4 wide & throwing quick passes doesn’t mean we’re playing towards his strength. Our WR don’t even run creative routes, route concepts are basic & pretty much the same. Mariota said that we need to get Taywan going he’s a threat to score & is special, but you have a coach that rarely plays him unless he’s trying a gadget play. Corey Davis can run every route & line up inside or outside, & all you see him run is comeback routes & shallow crosses. Our Offense is TE friendly 2 back personnel & play action that’s it 

Look how Carolina uses Cam & why they traded kelvin benjermin, it’s no need for a big slow possession WR in our offense we need guys wit speed that can stretch the field, play in space, make people miss. That’s why they drafted McCafery Samuels, ed Dickson, funtches. 

Look at our roster every receiver pretty much has the same skillset, Corey Davis great after the catch possession receiver than Cam stretch the field but we rarely have him go vertical. Rishard Matthews possession WR yards after catch not a burner but can separate. Eric decker possession WR that is crafty big body slot. Harry Douglas only can get open against zone coverage.  Tajae possession receiver can’t stretch the field nor make people miss in space. Okay RB Both are down hill North south runners that need to be a workhorse to do damage however DeMarco is on 1 leg.

TE’s delanie junu both similar skillset however junu is raw & not as seasoned as delanie. Now tell me how do you game plan against us ?? you stop the run play man & zone sit on our WR Routes since they’re pretty much running basic routes 

30 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Really, this is getting very ridiculous. Corey Davis, the guy who has 4 career games to his name, has a looooong way to go to catch up to NFL speed and has so far shown multiple times he does not have a strong connection or timing with Mariota is now apparently a do-all type of playmaker that lines up anywhere and runs every route. Yeah, I'm done. Have a nice day!

I just want to move on from this game. There are some positives from this game but the rest of the season is on the Titans. If the Titans win the games they are suppose to win they will be ok

plus we are all forgetting who’s fault it is for last nights loss... I told TitansNVols to not post that pic of Kearse and the terrible towel ?

5 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

They've tried to get him in rhythm with quick passes for easier completions, it doesn't always work. 

This is an insane comparison because while sure, Mularkey's system is not the same as Pederson's or McVay's, guess what, Mariota is not the same quarterback as Wentz or Goff, and he doesn't have the weapons they do.

It’s been talked about on here.  You just choose to be blind about it.  lol @ getting him in rhythm in this scheme.  

Did you listen to cossell’s interview?  He doesn’t even think highly of Mariota but acknowledges that there are noticeable flaws in Mularkey’s system.  

Actually, it is fair to compare our young qb to other young qb’s especially when those young QB’s have done a complete 180.  The eagles added alshon.  He is not an elite player.  Their skill position players are not better than ours.  Stop.  I’ve seen every single game of this year and about half from last year.  They weren’t throwing deep bc their line was very bad and their WR’s had one of the highest drop rates in the NFL.  Wentz’s throwing motion was terrible which greatly affected his accuracy.  Complain about their short game but the design was good and they finished 7-9 with a rookie QB and depleted team.  This season, Their line is better, WR’s have fewer drops and their offense hasn’t struggled to gel like ours because of scheme.  Watch their all22 and compare it to ours- players open,  clear passing windows.  I’m not taking away from Wentz or his teammates either.  He’s good and they’re executing but scheme matters.

Mularkey hasnt made the adjustments that Pederson has.  He quit on the bills, got fired from Jax and here we are.

Goff has the best skill position players out of the three QB’s.  Mcvay says you have to build your system to your qb’s strengths and he has.  Had they stayed with Fisher, he would have been screwed.  The system matters.   

Everyone on here has criticized Mariota.  I just don’t think he’s to blame for everything.  Haven’t seen Anyone except for two people say that Mularkey or robiskie has to be fired now.  Weve been reasonable and expect Mularkey to finish his 3 yr contract here.  You are being dramatic. Stop acting like we are blaming him for everything and want him fired today.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Isn’t the HC apart of the game?

It would be if the discussion was focused on the Steelers game in particular, but it's clearly based around the staff as a whole and goes far beyond a single game. It makes sense to use the dedicated thread for discussing the coaches rather than using a GDT for a discussion that isn't truly about the individual game.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Really, this is getting very ridiculous. Corey Davis, the guy who has 4 career games to his name, has a looooong way to go to catch up to NFL speed and has so far shown multiple times he does not have a strong connection or timing with Mariota is now apparently a do-all type of playmaker that lines up anywhere and runs every route. Yeah, I'm done. Have a nice day!

You have a nice day my guy cause clearly you didn’t listen to nothing I said, you obviously caught something you dislike & ran wit it. What I said is this all our WR pretty much have the same skill set. & they pretty much runs the same route every game. I said Corey is suppose to be an all round receiver that can do it all, but we don’t ask him to do much. I know he along wit Taywan are rookies very lil game experience but guess what only 1 way to learn & that is to play & learn as you grow, just like we’re doing wit adoree he’s taking his growing pains & developing nicely. 

Next time get an understanding before you blow things out of proportion. 

1 hour ago, footlunder said:

It’s been talked about on here.  You just choose to be blind about it.  lol @ getting him in rhythm in this scheme.  

Did you listen to cossell’s interview?  He doesn’t even think highly of Mariota but acknowledges that there are noticeable flaws in Mularkey’s system.  

Actually, it is fair to compare our young qb to other young qb’s especially when those young QB’s have done a complete 180.  The eagles added alshon.  He is not an elite player.  Their skill position players are not better than ours.  Stop.  I’ve seen every single game of this year and about half from last year.  They weren’t throwing deep bc their line was very bad and their WR’s had one of the highest drop rates in the NFL.  Wentz’s throwing motion was terrible which greatly affected his accuracy.  Complain about their short game but the design was good and they finished 7-9 with a rookie QB and depleted team.  This season, Their line is better, WR’s have fewer drops and their offense hasn’t struggled to gel like ours because of scheme.  Watch their all22 and compare it to ours- players open,  clear passing windows.  I’m not taking away from Wentz or his teammates either.  He’s good and they’re executing but scheme matters.

Mularkey hasnt made the adjustments that Pederson has.  He quit on the bills, got fired from Jax and here we are.

Goff has the best skill position players out of the three QB’s.  Mcvay says you have to build your system to your qb’s strengths and he has.  Had they stayed with Fisher, he would have been screwed.  The system matters.   

Everyone on here has criticized Mariota.  I just don’t think he’s to blame for everything.  Haven’t seen Anyone except for two people say that Mularkey or robiskie has to be fired now.  Weve been reasonable and expect Mularkey to finish his 3 yr contract here.  You are being dramatic. Stop acting like we are blaming him for everything and want him fired today.

What am I being blind about? Or dramatic, for that matter.

Alshon is quite easily better than anything we have at WR. You can argue this 2017 Agholor is better than Matthews, but I happen to like Matthews quite a lot, so I'd say they're about on par. Ertz is a good TE. If you don't want to take it as a fact, then there's at least a very strong case to be made that's better than what we have.

Whatever I posted so far has been in reply to someone claiming Mularkey is responsible for Mariota's play going from "the next best thing" to barely a game manager. I'm not acting as if you are doing anything, I responded and questioned something that was said a bit earlier in the thread. Does Kirpatrick's quote (I believe it was him) from last week count as relevant, or is he not among the people who watches film on us? I've criticized Mularkey in the past, even regarding this game, I can definitely live with a chance of OC and maybe a QB coach to make sure his mechanics are being worked on accordingly, so I have no idea what you think you're arguing against me here. What I asked originally, I still haven't gotten an answer for.

6 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

What am I being blind about? Or dramatic, for that matter.

Alshon is quite easily better than anything we have at WR. You can argue this 2017 Agholor is better than Matthews, but I happen to like Matthews quite a lot, so I'd say they're about on par. Ertz is a good TE. If you don't want to take it as a fact, then there's at least a very strong case to be made that's better than what we have.

Whatever I posted so far has been in reply to someone claiming Mularkey is responsible for Mariota's play going from "the next best thing" to barely a game manager. I'm not acting as if you are doing anything, I responded and questioned something that was said a bit earlier in the thread. Does Kirpatrick's quote (I believe it was him) from last week count as relevant, or is he not among the people who watches film on us? I've criticized Mularkey in the past, even regarding this game, I can definitely live with a chance of OC and maybe a QB coach to make sure his mechanics are being worked on accordingly, so I have no idea what you think you're arguing against me here. What I asked originally, I still haven't gotten an answer for.

I Answered your question I told you our offense is to basic, & predictable & too many players wit the same skill set & questionable play calling. we’re more of a run set up the pass but our passing concepts is middle school offense. Just how the rams were looking wit fisher. We’re 1 dimensional as an offense & we try to make players fit a scheme vs build a scheme around our players that’s what we’re saying what we’ve been saying. 

Archived