WK 11: Titans (6-3) at Steelers (7-2) TNF!

titansNvolsR#1

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

He's gotten at least 5 touches off the top of my head. 30 yard run and a couple 15's.

He's gotten 4 touches for a total of 50 yards. 1 vs the Ravens for 20, 3 vs the Bengals for 30, all technically runs, though one was where Marcus threw it backwards to him. Had 7 offensive snaps vs the Bengals in total, just the one vs the Ravens.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Gotcha. Pretty smart to get him snaps offensively. Even if he acts like a decoy. You have to pay attention to him at all times with that speed. 

Yep, he was in as a decoy on the dropped touchdown pass to Rishard, IIRC. Vaguely remember seeing an all-22 gif that showed the LB'ers watching Adoree on the PA and totally whiffing on Matthews.

34 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Never in their tenure under Mike Tomlin have they "handled" bad teams like they're supposed to. That's one thing the Tomlin Steelers are known for, playing to their competition. He has some abysmal record vs teams with a worse than like .250 winning % if I recall right. It's just what they do.

Even aside from their last 2 games their offense is still not performing as well as years past. They're below the league average in PPG (19th) and R YDS/G (18th). They're ranked 10th in P YDS/G, but Ben also isn't performing as well this year as he has in years past...he has 12 TD passes (19th-tied with Cutler) and 10 INT's (tied for 3rd most in the league with Flacco and Siemian).

43 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Even aside from their last 2 games their offense is still not performing as well as years past. They're below the league average in PPG (19th) and R YDS/G (18th). They're ranked 10th in P YDS/G, but Ben also isn't performing as well this year as he has in years past...he has 12 TD passes (19th-tied with Cutler) and 10 INT's (tied for 3rd most in the league with Flacco and Siemian).

Actually is similar to our offense. Both teams have underachieved offensively.  It'll be interesting to see if either team's offense can have that breakout game tomorrow night.

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Actually is similar to our offense. Both teams have underachieved offensively.  It'll be interesting to see if either team's offense can have that breakout game tomorrow night.

Scared this will be the game the Steelers get their stuff together. Also scared of the Thursday game sloppy trend.  But again, Titans under Mularkey have played overall good to great at times. 

24 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Scared this will be the game the Steelers get their stuff together. Also scared of the Thursday game sloppy trend.  But again, Titans under Mularkey have played overall good to great at times. 

Exactly the fear I was expressing in my original post. Similar situation to 2011 where the Steelers were struggling and then found their mojo against us (dropped 38) and then went on a huge run (won 7 of their next 8). Either way super stoked about this Titans team and this game as I'm not able to watch Titans games in my area, pulling for Cory to have a big game with their secondary banged up.

Also I think that's another storyline to focus on...Pitt is recently banged up in their secondary, while in the mean time we will be fully healthy for the first time all year. I kind of look at it metaphorically where for example, one team is about to drive in for a TD but turns the ball over and the opposing team returns it for a TD, making it a 14 point swing. The pendulum has swung in our favor as far is health is concerned for tomorrow nights game. If we're able to win this game and really put a stamp on it, this is the time of year to start hitting your stride and start building momentum to ride into the playoffs with as we haven't played our best football yet, even on this 4 game winning streak that's looked pretty ugly so far.

Game day. Let do this ish Titans. Complete game in all 3 phases. Special teams and the OL (especially Kline) played like crap last week. Spread the Steeler D out and throw it to start and come back and pound them. Their secondary is banged up.

Archived