2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Haven't been paying attention to the prospects this cycle.

Who are the Blue Chip players and how do they measure up as prospects to dudes in the past 5-7 years.

Blue chip players are Victor Wembayama.  He is the best prospect since LeBron.

Another blue chip player is Scoot Henderson.  He would go number 1 is most drafts. He is the best PG prospect since Derrick Rose.

After that the consensus 3rd ranked prospect is SF Brandon Miller.   In a good draft Miller would be picked around the 6th or 7th pick range.  It's questions about him creating his own shot and driving to the rim.  

Amen Thompson is the consensus 4th ranked prospect.  Him and his brother (Ausar) are the two most polarizing prospects this year.  Not sure if you follow OT Elite but the competition they played werent the best so its hard to fully scout them against elite competition.  Both of them have major shooting question marks.  

After that you can rank the remaining prospects in any order. 

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Blue chip players are Victor Wembayama.  He is the best prospect since LeBron.

Another blue chip player is Scoot Henderson.  He would go number 1 is most drafts. He is the best PG prospect since Derrick Rose.

After that the consensus 3rd ranked prospect is SF Brandon Miller.   In a good draft Miller would be picked around the 6th or 7th pick range.  It's questions about him creating his own shot and driving to the rim.  

Amen Thompson is the consensus 4th ranked prospect.  Him and his brother (Ausar) are the two most polarizing prospects this year.  Not sure if you follow OT Elite but the competition they played werent the best so its hard to fully scout them against elite competition.  Both of them have major shooting question marks.  

After that you can rank the remaining prospects in any order. 

So it's the top 2 and then a massive cliff?

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

So it's the top 2 and then a massive cliff?

To me it is.  I know some people think Miller could go ahead of Henderson at pick 2 but I personally would be shocked if that happened.  It really depends on the team that ends up with pick 2.

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

Haven't been paying attention to the prospects this cycle.

Who are the Blue Chip players and how do they measure up as prospects to dudes in the past 5-7 years.

Similar to a few years ago when it was Zion as the clear one, Ja as the clear two, and then a drop off.

Now it's an even more clear one, an even better two, and a bigger drop off.

• Like 1

Just now, Mox said:

Similar to a few years ago when it was Zion as the clear one, Ja as the clear two, and then a drop off.

It is like 2019.  2007 was like that, too.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

Zion had medical bust written all over him to me.

My prediction of the top 4 teams

1. Spurs (to piss off the Rockets)

2. Pistons (worst team has never fallen past 3 under the new lottery system)

3. Hornets

4. Pacers (team with 7th worst record has always jumped in the top 4)

Edited by Texansfan713

I think Wemba might be more risk and injury prone than Holmgren was. 7ft guys that skinny have just never stayed healthy. Same with Zion, guys that big are just not gonna stay healthy. 

I would take Wemba at number 1 because the potential is too big to not take him, but I also wont be surprised to see him become a 50 game per season guy who never lives up to the build. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Zion had medical bust written all over him to me.

He only had one injury in college and it was a flukey injury where his shoe literally exploded. Zion hasn't been able to stay healthy but I dont think he had "medical bust" written all over him. 

Also, if the NBA still does the lottery where every team is assigned a bunch of number combinations and then they take numbers out of the machine... I have a great idea.

The NBA should put every team on the board and then draw for the #1 pick, as numbers come out and teams chances of being the winning number become 0 you wipe them off the board. By the time you got to the last number being pulled you should only have a few teams left. The excitement would be amazing.

56 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

My prediction of the top 4 teams

1. Spurs (to piss off the Rockets)

2. Pistons (worst team has never fallen past 3 under the new lottery system)

3. Hornets

4. Pacers (team with 7th worst record has always jumped in the top 4)

The worst team has yet to win the lottery in the new system, so this is par for the course.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Would Dallas be desperate enough to put the #1 pick on the block? Or take Wemby and hope Doncic loves him.

No. Wemby is a perfect fit with Luka. Rim protector, lob threat, and theoretically provides spacing. Surround them with shooters and one other guy with a handle and you're set.