2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

31 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

If they’re able to keep Irving I would see if Towns is available.

If he's available? Minnesota would jump at the chance to trade KAT for Wemby. Dallas would laugh that off. It's Ant + more or nothing.

I'm talking for a player like Embiid if Philadelphia wants to reset instead of pay Harden and run it back. Or a package like SGA + Chet + a young depth player + multiple 1sts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If he's available? Minnesota would jump at the chance to trade KAT for Wemby. Dallas would laugh that off. It's Ant + more or nothing.

I'm talking for a player like Embiid if Philadelphia wants to reset instead of pay Harden and run it back. Or a package like SGA + Chet + a young depth player + multiple 1sts.

I wouldn’t trade that OKC package for Wemby, giving up to much IMO.

Edited by Fresh Prince

13 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I wouldn’t trade that OKC package for Wemby, giving up to much IMO.

Probably right, but that's my first offer if I'm Dallas and engaging in trade talks. It would and should take a huge package to get Wemby.

SGA would have to be involved, but take Chet out and throw in Kenrich Williams and Jaylin Williams. Top it off with this year's OKC pick, 1 future 1st (one of the ones OKC owns with little to no protections), and 2 future 2nds and that seems fair. Still leaves OKC in a great spot and it gives Dallas/Luka an All-NBA player just entering his prime, cheap proven depth, and some draft capital.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Jazz are getting Wemby and Jaylen Brown this offseason. Bless up

One of my buds asked what trade package I thought it'd take to get Brown and when I said Sharpe, Simons and 2 1sts as a start, he laughed but that's how silly it is to consider trading Brown for the Celtics

Edited by Troy Brown

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Wouldn't the idea be to pair SGA with Embiid?

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Would Dallas be desperate enough to put the #1 pick on the block? Or take Wemby and hope Doncic loves him.

No.  Luka is young enough that that'd be the future moving forward for the next decade plus.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Wouldn't the idea be to pair SGA with Embiid?

Not sure I get where you're coming from with this. Those were two separate proposals to try and get Wemby.

The idea was to pair either SGA + the others with Luka or Embiid with Luka.