Lee to miss several games

HDsportsfan

Well at this point, what is the point of trying to compete? I would send Tyron Smith to a back surgeon and get that issue taken care of and put him on ice until September, let Zeke serve all 6 and put that issue behind us, send Lee to IR, give J Smith all the reps he needs to knock off the rust, or find out he is just this bad and a wasted pick, split time with Rush at QB as to not get Dak killed, and start figuring out what our best option is for the draft in 6 months.

I mean, we already lost to the Rams, Falcons and Packers and they are all in the running for the WC spot. We are not going to beat Philly with all of this going on, not to mention JJ is at war with the league, so ANY ideas of getting a break from the refs or otherwise is right out the window.

No, this is a time to cut your losses, regroup and get a head start on the offseason. 

DAMN I hate when this ish happens. but has become our norm, up one year, down the next. No consistency. 

The fans of this team are so dramatic that it's honestly laughable. 

It sucks that the team's most valuable defensive player is going to miss games, but that doesn't mean that you write those games off as losses and throw away hope for the rest of the entire season. Can't wait for Sunday night so this thread can potentially be revisited for a good chuckle. 

46 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It sucks that the team's most valuable defensive player is going to miss games, but that doesn't mean that you write those games off as losses and throw away hope for the rest of the entire season. Can't wait for Sunday night so this thread can potentially be revisited for a good chuckle. 

I admire your optimism. But just how in the hell do you see us putting up a fight let alone a victory? Since Lee has gone out the center of our defense is swiss cheese. You are going against the second highest scoring offense in the league, the best record in the league, with a swinging door as an offensive line, your best offensive and defensive player missing multiple games, and a coaching staff that cannot make ANY sort of adjustment. Even a pee wee league coach knows to put some help out there at LT when you have already surrendered 3 sacks in one game. NOPE, we will give up 3 more and see how it goes.

There is a fine line between optimism and wishful thinking, and I believe you have crossed it.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

I love your optimism.  My concern is we know what happens when Lee doesn't play.  The defense runs around like chickens with their heads cut off.  The drop off in the defenses ability is huge when Lee is not in there.  That's my concern.  Factor in a high scoring Philly offense and it could get ugly quick.

Dak is 24

Zeke is 22

T. Smith is 26

Frederick is 26

Martin is 26

Punt this season and get a high draft pick. You aren't close to losing any of these guys due to old age/declining abilities. Shut Tyron down for the season and try La'el at LT. But you definitely are going to have to find your next franchise linebacker and another pro bowl caliber WR/TE.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:59 PM, plan9misfit said:

The answer is a new coaching staff and Jerry to stop meddling.

Looks like the latter for the most part has happened.

With Lee in and Zeke out. I would have guessed for another 8-8 season. Both out though, yea we may get a Top 10 pick.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

With Lee in and Zeke out. I would have guessed for another 8-8 season. Both out though, yea we may get a Top 10 pick.

I have to agree.  With Zeke, Lee, and now Smith out we could very well be looking at a top 10 pick.  The next debate is what changes, if any, should be made to the coaching staff?

22 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If he’s really stopped meddling, then the strongest sign of it will come with hiring a head coach who isn’t a puppet. We know that he’s taken a back seat in the draft, but it now needs to happen with the coaches.

Archived