What are the best Comedy Films you have seen?

Ozzy

That's My Boy has been the most underappreciated semi-recent comedy I've seen.  I think it got a bit swept under the rug, because it's another Adam Sandler buffoon comedy, but it makes me laugh the entire way through.  It was one I just randomly threw on, without having any expectation of really enjoying it, but ended up finding it hilarious. 

43 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Things I haven't seen posted yet:

Game Night

Kung Pow

Yes Man

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Grown Ups 2 (in a so bad it's hilarious way)

Agreed on GU2. Every time it’s on tv I end up watching it. The kid from twilight is hilarious in this movie 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I love most of this list, but the bolded are probably a step above the others to me. 

Some of these dont actually seem like comedies though. Like Sandlot and Mighty Ducks. Those do have funny parts, but dont they fall under the "family" label? 

20 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Agreed on GU2. Every time it’s on tv I end up watching it. The kid from twilight is hilarious in this movie 

My friends and I watch it like every Summer.

The "heheheh Summer Time" and Shaq throwing a kid over a building bits get us every time. It's even funnier when you realize everything takes place in one day.

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Some of these dont actually seem like comedies though. Like Sandlot and Mighty Ducks. Those do have funny parts, but dont they fall under the "family" label? 

I see your point, but it would still be a family comedy no? 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Things I haven't seen posted yet:

Game Night

Kung Pow

Yes Man

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Grown Ups 2 (in a so bad it's hilarious way)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a quality film no question, entertaining and funny but I would not call it hilarious by any means.  Jonah Hill is great in it but usually is even if it is a small role.   I would not call Jason Segel a really funny guy though or character in this film.  

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

How has The Big Lebowski not been named in two pages of discussion?

Yeah I have stated my issues with that film, and you take out John Goodman and Steve Buscemi it is really lacking in comedy, especially if Goodman was out of it.  A few funny parts but it is more a drama honestly.  And the lead character is the opposite of funny and only time he is kind of funny is when he is ripping on his friends who are the funny ones in the film.  

Even Philip Seymour Hoffman who is hilarious is the exact opposite of that in that film, what a waste.  But yeah if you smoke a lot of pot it is probably great, but one should not have to be high to find something funny.  

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The Sandlot is hilarious.  'Ham' Porter is a riot throughout, Squints is pretty damn funny as well.  There are tons of funny scenes, the pool scene, the campout scene, the batting scene, the scene where they play the team that has uniforms, even when they are going after the dog with all their crazy ideas to get the ball is pretty damn funny.  Just overall it is tons of great back and forth comedy that is classic and iconic, no doubt about it, that film is a great comedy movie.  Family comedy sure but does that matter?   Unless one only calls it a comedy if their is swearing and nudity and that is not the case.   Mighty Ducks I have not seen in awhile but that was a funny film also, sure might not be the funniest but was solid but I have not seen it in awhile.  

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Quite possibly the most underrated movie sidekick in history. PSH is pure gold in this.

Agreed, easily one of the most underrated funny men performances in film history, the dude was flat out hilarious from start to finish and is funny in every scene he has.  Totally iconic.