Something you disagree with your fan base on

Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I mean...

Which isn't saying he should be out of the league...

Not sure how it's controversial to say that McVay made Goff a better QB. He's an offensive genius. So it shouldn't be too controversial to say that had McVay not shown up, Goff may be out of the league.

As it is McVay did show up, and Goff should be in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

This is just not true. 

Well that's the thing, we don't know either way. That McVay took accountability means nothing. He always takes accountability because he's a good leader.

What we do know is that McVay has literally never had turmoil with another player, and just about every player that comes to the Rams has absolutely RAVED about the culture that McVay has built.

So to me, reading between the lines, I think Goff was the issue. Not McVay.

For me, and probably almost every team, that a HC should solely be judged by wins and losses.  Take Zac Taylor.  was he really tghat good of a play caller during the first two years as a HC?  No, but I don't think he is that much better now.  Burrow checks them in and out of plays all the time, and you could see Taylor gain more trust in Joe Brr doing it mid season.  This time last year, I went round and round with other fans about Taylor needing to go.  Despite the mounting losses, the locker room held strong and continued to support him.  The payoff happens a bit early this year with the Super Bowl run.  Building the culture matters.  Talented teams lose a lot, but cohesive teams stick it out in all situations.  taylor deserved major props for that, but tons of fans (mostly on other sites, because we only have a handful of steady forum contributors) were ready to ride him out of town last year, even with Burrow missing most of the second half of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Well that's the thing, we don't know either way. That McVay took accountability means nothing. He always takes accountability because he's a good leader.

What we do know is that McVay has literally never had turmoil with another player, and just about every player that comes to the Rams has absolutely RAVED about the culture that McVay has built.

So to me, reading between the lines, I think Goff was the issue. Not McVay.

Has Goff had problems with anyone? Asking because I genuinely don’t know. 

If neither Goff never had any problems, I don’t fully see how the absence of problems for McVay would equal Goff being the issue. Chemistry wise, anyway. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Ok. The 5 games in 2020 was like 10% of my argument and it still is entirely true without them about what most Ravens fans want to see lol but thanks for the novel, as always.

The entire point of my post was that most Ravens fans post-2019 Tennessee playoff loss have been overly obsessed with “updating the offense” and getting away from running Lamar/running our unorthodox offense as much as we have, and that’s the entire thing our success has been predicated on. I disagree that we should turn away from that to the degree that most Ravens fans have called for the past 2 years.

Yeah, I didn’t quote the other part of your point because that was fair game and it especially pertained to the topic of this thread.

What I quoted was your unique retelling of that season to prop up your argument. I simply used data to show the Ravens were successful with both formulas.

Also you wrote a book compared to the rest of the posts in this thread, so a book in response only made sense.

Edited by diamondbull424

What I disagree with most Ravens fans on was probably Christian Watson, I can’t recall many other Ravens fans being as huge of fans of his.

I felt he was the perfect fit into our receiving core and would, with some hindsight bias, definitely have traded one of our two drafted TEs, Ojabo coming off an Achilles injury, and a future mid round pick to grab him.

While I think we can pile up wins in the regular season with heavy run formations to make the playoffs. I think the postseason is a different animal and to win a SB we will need 3 explosive receiving weapons not named Lamar… that or for Bateman and Andrews to both be healthy and for JK Dobbins to enter the Jonathan Taylor discussion post serious knee injury.

As it stands I feel Ravens fans seem to be 50/50 on this issue atm.

Chiefs fans are starting to come around on this one after this past year's draft, but the big one recently has been the chunk of Chiefs fans who believe that Veach is a bad GM, a terrible drafter, and only succeeded off of John Dorsey's roster moves. This is becoming a bit less common after the recent draft with Humphrey, Bolton, and Smith, but it was always a bad take, that came from a misunderstanding of what constitutes a good draft, a lack of understanding about the financial shape Dorsey left us in when we left, and people underestimating how much turnover occurs on a roster how quickly.

Veach has been a stellar GM for us. 3 out of his 4 drafts have been excellent, with the first one in 2018 being the only blemish. He made some huge moves to move on from the old guard who got us pretty far in the mid-2010s, but never far enough. Guys Dorsey had extended too far or kept around too long, that still cost us heavily into Veach's tenure. His track record in free agency and trades is more or less that all have worked out, save Frank Clark.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 4:35 PM, FrantikRam said:

Which isn't saying he should be out of the league...

Not sure how it's controversial to say that McVay made Goff a better QB. He's an offensive genius. So it shouldn't be too controversial to say that had McVay not shown up, Goff may be out of the league.

As it is McVay did show up, and Goff should be in the league.

Because you are implying that rookie year Goff was his career trajectory without McVay. That coaching was about as bad of a situation as any rookie qb has ever had between Fisher and Boras. The only reason he was looking like a historic bust was because of that staff's inepititute. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, Tommy_C said:

My man, that's the point of this topic 

James Franco Flirt GIF

Hot takes generate debate which is also point.  Let people attack the takes for conversation.

Edited by dll2000
Hot not not

I agree mostly with what the usual Washington fan opinions are for the team have...

Weak at LBer: agree

Snyder is a pos: agree

Rivera & JDR should be on the hot seat, if they fail to make playoffs this year: agree

The name is stupid: agree

In fact, there's only 1 subject that I adamantly disagree with the majority of Washington fans on & it's simple....

The draft resources given up for QB Carson Wentz this 2022 season.

It cost us our 3rd rounder in 2022. (Which we already made up on the trade down w/Saints in 1st Rd)

And our 3rd rounder in 2023, which becomes a 2nd rounder if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps.

Most think we overpaid, if not flat out got screwed from this trade.

Me?

I think it was a STEAL...

Colts traded for Wentz on a 1 yr rental last season...what they give up? A 1st

What did Wilson cost Denver in the trade? Multiple picks, Drew Lock, Noah Fant, etc.

Let's not even mention what the Browns traded for Watson. Holy Moly....

Imo, Washington made the best & smartest move at QB in 2022.

Most Washington fans would disagree with me....I think....

But I'm pretty certain I'm correct on this issue.

It has since been remedied, but we initially disagreed with how the Rams handled Goff/Stafford. I was on board with Stafford trade and the compensation from the jump, some thought it was too much and that Goff would have gotten us a ring eventually if we surrounded him with more talent/gave him additional time to develop.

Rams were in a slump in November this season and the Goff trade doubt came up again, but I stayed the course that Stafford would bring us a ring.

Moral of the story, never doubt Snead/McVay until they flame out entirely. 

Despite Andys genius I still think hes a huge choke artist(if not the biggest all time) and he only caught lightning in a bottle with Mahomes bailing him out of blowout losses 3 different times on the way to a SB Ring.

Mahomes is no longer underestimated, people know Reid cant stop passing the ball to get out of a Mahomes slump. Nobody is fooled by the read option anymore and his remodeled Road grading OL cant get a yard if the Defense knows they need one. Hes too nepotistic, and believes in his guys to a fault. A real double edged sword.