G08

42 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Right now I would interview

1. Nagy

2. Lafleur

3. Carmichael

4. Morton

5. Carmichael

To me that is a pretty strong list of offensive minds.

I'd also add Frank Reich to that list.

You have to like the fact that Nagy, Lafleur, Reich are former college/pro QB's working with great offenses right now.

Morton is also a former pro WR.

Carmichael was a QB coach for a few years before being named OC of the Saints.

A lot to like from this group.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Right now I would interview

1. Nagy

2. Lafleur

3. Carmichael

4. Morton

5. Carmichael

To me that is a pretty strong list of offensive minds.

You like Carmichael so much that you are interviewing him twice. ;)

Just now, topwop1 said:

What adds to the Nagy intrigue is that apparently the Chiefs were high on Trubisky entering the draft last year but had to settle for Mahomes because it would have taken too much for them to trade up with SF...

That and he is awwwfffulllyyyyy similar to Alex Smith...

1 hour ago, G08 said:

That and he is awwwfffulllyyyyy similar to Alex Smith...

Just know that there will be competition for Nagy's services, most likely from Chris Ballard in Indianapolis who worked with Nagy during his stint with the Chiefs.

33 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just know that there will be competition for Nagy's services, most likely from Chris Ballard in Indianapolis who worked with Nagy during his stint with the Chiefs.

Yeah I've been thinking about that... plus he'll have Andrew Luck... but that O-line is in shambles and maybe he likes Trubisky's youth and health better.

Should be interesting.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Yeah I've been thinking about that... plus he'll have Andrew Luck... but that O-line is in shambles and maybe he likes Trubisky's youth and health better.

Should be interesting.

Well who knows about Andrew Luck?  Last i read he was in Europe looking for some procedure to fix his shoulder.  I also read there’s no guarantee he returns.  I don’t believe he’s done for good, but things aren’t looking good for him.  Also, if Nagy went to Indy he’d have Jim Irsay breathing down his neck and getting his two cents into the media at every corner.  That definitely helps out our case.

Man... how awesome would Nagy and Fangio be here? "Hey coach, I really respect what you've built here on the defense, how about you stick around with me and I'll give you free reign to run the defense as you see fit?"

Just now, CBears019 said:

Just a thought here.  Seems like things in Miami are going downhill, and fast.  Think Gase might be available to return as OC?

I don't think they'll bail on him unless something catastrophic happens... he took them to the playoffs year one, he's got some leeway.

Gotta say, I don't get a great feeling about Carmichael.  If he'd been the cause of so much success for Drew Brees throughout his career, he'd have been hired already.   My gut says he's maybe a contributor, but Sean Payton and Drew himself have much more of a reason for it.  Carmichael seems more like a guy who is along for the ride than a real game changer. 

Archived