UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

18 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

If we’re going to play simple dot-connecting games, wouldn’t that logic suggest that Nagy follows Ballard to Indi?

Yes I think that would be his most likely destination if he were to get hired this year. 

I have a feeling that Pace will hire a guy he's familiar with already. Be it John Morton or Pete Carmichael...

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Yes I think that would be his most likely destination if he were to get hired this year. 

I have a feeling that Pace will hire a guy he's familiar with already. Be it John Morton or Pete Carmichael...

I would be pretty disappointed if it was Morton.

3 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Mike McCoy just fired from Denver.  He would be an upgrade to loggins and has worked with fox

That would be my move if Fox sticks around.

Fox had better not effin' stick around.

If we go with Reich as HC, he could bring McCoy in as OC...

1 hour ago, G08 said:

That would be my move if Fox sticks around.

Fox had better not effin' stick around.

If we go with Reich as HC, he could bring McCoy in as OC...

If Fox sticks around then I will have no interest in following this team next year and I think that goes for a lot of other Bears fans.

3 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Mike McCoy just fired from Denver.  He would be an upgrade to loggins and has worked with fox

Mike McCoy is not going to fix the fact that Fox is a ****ty coach who's teams routinely do no show up to play and cannot close out games.

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

Could a McDaniels / McCoy reunion occur in Chicago next season??

I hope not still cant get over McDaniels drafting Tebow in the first round.  That decision should preclude him from a head coaching anywhere in the NFL again. 

9 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I hope not still cant get over McDaniels drafting Tebow in the first round.  That decision should preclude him from a head coaching anywhere in the NFL again. 

The scary part is that he is going to want control over personnel again in his next head coaching stop...if he ever gets that opportunity again.

I think the more likely NE head coaching candidate is Matt Patricia.  Dude is an actual rocket scientist and IMO has way more potential than McDaniels ever will.

It was a rough start to the year for the Patriots on defense but when you look at how many injuries they've had and how well they've adapted you can't not be impressed with what he's done there.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Mike McCoy is overrated.  The fact that he is so connected to Fox makes we want to avoid him if possible.  

Let's get someone young, fresh and innovative in here.  My shortlist includes Nagy, Lafleur and Carmichael.

My shortlist is Nagy, Reich, and Lafleur.

I'm bidding to make Defilippo a top 3 paid OC regardless.

I think a lot of these OC/QB coach potential coaches have their flaws (inexperienced, lack of play calling etc).

I don't know what's with me today, but Josh McDaniels is making a ton of sense to me... probably the closest thing Pace can get to his Sean Payton.

57 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think a lot of these OC/QB coach potential coaches have their flaws (inexperienced, lack of play calling etc).

I don't know what's with me today, but Josh McDaniels is making a ton of sense to me... probably the closest thing Pace can get to his Sean Payton.

And even with all their flaws McDaniels is last on my list, I just don't trust him and I don't trust a coach coming from that tree.

Archived