UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Do me a favor. Google every single NFL coach ever and count how many times they didn't start at some low level school or college. :)

I'll wait for that, too.

Why would I need do that? I’m not the guy who said Shanahan just hired any old schlub to be his QB coach because he came from Wagner College.

Just now, IronMike84 said:

Why would I need do that? I’m not the guy who said Shanahan just hired any old schlub to be his QB coach because he came from Wagner College.

That wraps it up perfectly.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

While I get what you're saying, winning the press conference doesn't mean a damned thing. Can he coach and can he lead a team?

If you aren’t confident enough to stand up and talk to Hoge and Jahns I am not sure what you will be like in the locker room.

We need a guy who commands the damn room. Regardless of what room it is.

Just now, Rogerthat said:

Raider are prepared to offer Gruden a 10 year 100 million dollar deal. 

Yeah saw that and laughed...even more so when I read that his assistants will be getting 4 year guaranteed contracts as well...ownership must be getting a bucket load for moving to LV.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Why are you talking about Tanner Gentry lol

And who said you can't get quality coaches from anywhere?

Some of ya'll like to twist words around quite a bit just to argue. It's... cute.

My point is this: I'm a hell of a lot more concerned about my offensive and defensive coordinators than I am about my QB coach. I'm willing to bed both of you have never heard of the 49ers QB coach, and I'm pretty positive you can't name Tom Brady's QB coach.

I'm going to step away from this ludicrous conversation you've started and get back on topic.

It was Tom Flores for a very long time.  For some reason im thinking hes gone now.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have figured out my problem with Shurmur and the Bears. Ryan Pace has taken risks as GM, which I have appreciated. The one really “safe” move he made was Fox. Shurmur just strikes me as a nice safe hire.

He would be extremely safe...too safe if Pace wants to keep his job.

Archived