Where does Kevin Durant go?

brownie man

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's not enough. MPJ is forever going to have medical concerns. I'd love to see KD in Denver as well but don't think they have the pieces to get a deal done.

KD has four years left on his deal and is still playing at an MVP level and will be playing at an MVP level for likely the next four years, or at least the next three years. You have to give up more than that to get him.

They could also throw in Murray and take back Kyrie.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I think Denver makes a lot of sense.

Denver receives: Kevin Durant

Brooklyn receives: Michael Porter, Jr., Bones Hyland, Zeke Nnaji 

If MPJ wasn't such an injury worry then it'd be a home run for Brooklyn. But he has superstar potential and they get two other good youngsters.

MPJ cannot be traded for Durant. He is one of 12 other NBA players with that designated rookie extension rule. Only way it happens if Simmons is re-routed since you can only have 1 player with that extension on your team.

Edited by indifference

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's not enough. MPJ is forever going to have medical concerns. I'd love to see KD in Denver as well but don't think they have the pieces to get a deal done.

KD has four years left on his deal and is still playing at an MVP level and will be playing at an MVP level for likely the next four years, or at least the next three years. You have to give up more than that to get him. 

NO possibly giving up Ingram and some of their young pieces for him? 

Ain't no way the Pels are giving up BI or Zion. Most we would do, if KD actually wanted to come here, is something like CJ/Graham/Herb/FRPs. If that's not enough, so be it, but the Pels aren't going to trade their young stars for an old star, even if it's KD. What would be the point if we don't then have enough pieces to win a title since we traded them for KD?

51 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Ain't no way the Pels are giving up BI or Zion. Most we would do, if KD actually wanted to come here, is something like CJ/Graham/Herb/FRPs. If that's not enough, so be it, but the Pels aren't going to trade their young stars for an old star, even if it's KD. What would be the point if we don't then have enough pieces to win a title since we traded them for KD?

I think it would still be a tough fit. Zion, Ingram and KD are all guys who’s main value comes when they are on the ball, and you can’t really count on any of them to play high level defense on premier offensive players at this stage. I think the trade would center around Ingram but I wouldn’t make that deal personally. 

14 minutes ago, amac said:

I think it would still be a tough fit. Zion, Ingram and KD are all guys who’s main value comes when they are on the ball, and you can’t really count on any of them to play high level defense on premier offensive players at this stage. I think the trade would center around Ingram but I wouldn’t make that deal personally. 

I think it's a weird fit but I don't think it's not doable by any stretch. CJ is also a ball dominant player and would be gone in the trade, and KD is capable of slotting in as an off ball threat a lot, he's done it in GSW. Don't get me wrong, he'd definitely need and want the ball a lot but he would fit in just fine when Zion or BI have the ball instead. 

I don't know that I'd trade for KD either, unless it was just unequivocally a good deal for us, but my main concern would be what we'd have to give up and us being on different timelines than KD, rather than the fit. Our starting lineup is already kind of a weird fit of good players but in need of more defense and shooting. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I think it's a weird fit but I don't think it's not doable by any stretch. CJ is also a ball dominant player and would be gone in the trade, and KD is capable of slotting in as an off ball threat a lot, he's done it in GSW. Don't get me wrong, he'd definitely need and want the ball a lot but he would fit in just fine when Zion or BI have the ball instead. 

I don't know that I'd trade for KD either, unless it was just unequivocally a good deal for us, but my main concern would be what we'd have to give up and us being on different timelines than KD, rather than the fit. Our starting lineup is already kind of a weird fit of good players but in need of more defense and shooting. 

I just feel like you have a bigger risk for an ego management problem when you bring KD in, as one of that big 3 could end up feeling like they are losing out on their time to shine as he will become much more of the offensive focus than McCollum would. Anyways from my POV too many risks involved to give up anything substantial for him when we are already on pretty loaded on talent, and young.

If they wanted something like CJ, Jax, a couple 1sts and Trey I’d consider it. Beyond that nah. 

Edited by amac

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Seeing what Gobert went for, don’t be surprised if it ends up being a Kobe situation. 

Exactly bro. There’s not a trade you can make that’s equal value to a KD with 4 years left. Especially when you factor in that list of players they can’t trade for. 

I think he stays put. 

38 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Seeing what Gobert went for, don’t be surprised if it ends up being a Kobe situation. 

I was actually thinking about the Kobe situation. I remember he said back then to the Lakers organization to trade him. They didnt do it and he stayed with the team.

The only issue is the difference being KD never really wanted to come to Brooklyn. He only went there bc of Kyrie. Its a weird dynamic if you think about it. KD didnt want Brooklyn - Brooklyn didnt want Kyrie - Kyrie wanted Brooklyn - KD wanted to follow his boy Kyrie - Nets felt the only way to get KD is to suck it up and stomach getting Kyrie and fingers crossed KD will help things be as smooth as possible. It didnt work out.

With all that being said, if Im the Nets Im playing the long game. Im not going to give KD away and Im not going to get less than what they think they should get. Whats the worse could happen? KD sits out this season for the Nets or just mails it in? If he does that then his whole "all he want to do is show up and hoop" persona will be thrown out the window. So if the Nets have to wait to trade KD before the trade deadline during the season or even wait till next offseason they should do it if it means they can get the deal they want.

Hypothetical: If you know you could wait till next offseason and trade KD for whomever has the 1st overall pick and then the Nets can draft Wembanyama, would you do it? I sure would bc many is saying Wembanyama is the best prospect since LeBron. He is a combo of KD and Gobert.

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

A KD trade is gonna be tougher than people think 

you’ve got to factor his age in. 

Age isnt a deal. He is still playing at an MVP level. His style of play makes him age well. He doesnt depend on volume shots or high usage. He could technically go to a team and play 30 minutes and still drop 35pts on 18 shot attempts easily.

I think the fans are more so overreacting to the Boston series than the actual people making the decisions in the NBA. If some team has a legit chance to get KD I dont think they will be hesitant bc of his age. The two things that will stop and team from trading for KD is if the Nets pretty much gut their team thus them having nothing left around KD to win a title now or if KD just flat out says he aint playing for that team. And honestly if KD says he aint playing for that team but the Nets love the trade offer, they can still trade him there and KD will either retire or sit out the next four years while he is under contract and he will look horrible bc we know him for just wanting to show up and hoop and not be a distraction.