Where does Kevin Durant go?

brownie man

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Age isnt a deal. He is still playing at an MVP level. His style of play makes him age well. He doesnt depend on volume shots or high usage. He could technically go to a team and play 30 minutes and still drop 35pts on 18 shot attempts easily.

Im not saying he can’t play. 

but when you thinking about trading a player like Devin Booker for example who is 25 vs KD who’s about to be 34 you got to factor what’s the better move for your franchise. You could have 10 years of a Booker before you even get to wear KD is now basically. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Im not saying he can’t play. 

but when you thinking about trading a player like Devin Booker for example who is 25 vs KD who’s about to be 34 you got to factor what’s the better move for your franchise. You could have 10 years of a Booker before you even get to wear KD is now basically. 

Well obviously the Suns wouldnt trade Booker for KD just bc the Suns would want KD to add to Booker and CP3 bc they are in a win now mode. Just like the 76ers wouldnt trade Embiid for KD bc they want to add KD with Embiid and Harden bc they are in a win now mode too. But with the 76ers they would instantly move off of Maxey as a centerpiece for KD. Maxey is young and emerging as potentially a superstar one day.

So I guess in theory I do see your point in Im seeing it in a totally different way lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Exactly bro. There’s not a trade you can make that’s equal value to a KD with 4 years left. Especially when you factor in that list of players they can’t trade for. 

I think he stays put. 

I think the problem is that the Nets don’t appear to be standing in his way and stupidly are willing to break this up just as much in the name of freaking “culture”.

22 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think the problem is that the Nets don’t appear to be standing in his way and stupidly are willing to break this up just as much in the name of freaking “culture”.

They are willing to do this bc they don’t want to deal with the mess that is Kyrie. As I mentioned before, things must’ve been extremely bad behind the scenes with the organization as a whole and Kyrie. 

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I think they end up working something out and get him to stay.

I’m starting to get this feeling as well. They have every right to ask for a kings ransom here. There team is actually still very good and could compete with anyone. Kyrie - Harris - Simmons - KD - Claxton with Mills, Curry, Thomas, Warren, Royce off the bench. Get someone like Boogie for vet min and they’re right there at the top of the east.

Here's a couple deals I think could work:

New Orleans receives: Kevin Durant

Brooklyn receives: Brandon Ingram, Trey Murphy III, EJ Liddell, 2023 New Orleans 1st Round Pick, 2024 Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2025 Milwaukee 1st Round Pick

PG: Jose Alverado / Devonte Graham
SG: CJ McCollum / Garrett Temple
SF: Kevin Durant / Herb Jones
PF: Zion Williamson / Larry Nance, Jr.
C Jonas Valanciunas / Jaxson Hayes

or...

Portland receives: Kevin Durant

Brooklyn receives: Anfernee Simons, Shaedon Sharpe, Eric Bledsoe, *2025 Portland 1st Round Pick, 2026 1st Round Pick Swap, 2027 Portland 1st Round Pick, 2028 1st Round Pick Swap
*Must unprotect 2023 1st round pick to Chicago

PG: Damian Lillard / 
SG: Josh Hart / Keon Johnson
SF: Kevin Durant / Nassir Little
PF: Jeremi Grant / Justice Winslow
C : Jusuf Nurkic

Raptors receive: Kevin Durant

Nets receive: Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr, 2023 1st, 2025 1st, 2027 1st

------------------------------------------------

Bulls receive: Kevin Durant

Nets receive: Patrick Williams, Coby White, Lonzo Ball, 2023 1st, 2027 1st, 2028 swap, 2029 1st

-------------------------------------------------