Rudy Gobert to Minnesota

MikeT14

We traded Rudy Gobert and Royce O'Neale for:

76ers 2023 1st, Timberwolves 2023 1st, Timberwolves 2025 1st, Timberwolves 2026 pick swap, Timberwolves 2027 1st, Timberwolves 2029 1st (top 5 protected)

Walker Kessler (22nd pick), Leonardo Bolmaro (20th pick), Jarred Vanderbilt, Patrick Beverly, and Malik Beasley 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Jazz completely changed their defensive strategy with one move. They went from no perimeter d and a great rim protector to great perimeter d and no rim protector. 

Walker Kessler averaged like 5 blocks per game. Reportedly we're in on Ayton although I'd prefer that we trade a pick swap for Poeltl and absorb him into a TPE.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Walker Kessler averaged like 5 blocks per game. Reportedly we're in on Ayton although I'd prefer that we trade a pick swap for Poeltl and absorb him into a TPE.

Walker Kessler averaged 5 blocks in college. He’s far from being as proven as Gobert. Maybe he becomes great, Or maybe he becomes everyone’s favorite poster opportunity.

I think this trade is a big win for both teams. Jazz gets TONS of assets they can play around with to build around Don. Wolves add the best center defender in the game, who might actually get better due to having better team defenders. Maybe saving his legs in the process. I think KAT won’t have as much defensive pressure on him. He can freelance and focus on offense. I think both teams improve. 

• Like 1