Rudy Gobert to Minnesota

MikeT14

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Walker Kessler averaged 5 blocks in college. He’s far from being as proven as Gobert. Maybe he becomes great, Or maybe he becomes everyone’s favorite poster opportunity.

I think this trade is a big win for both teams. Jazz gets TONS of assets they can play around with to build around Don. Wolves add the best center defender in the game, who might actually get better due to having better team defenders. Maybe saving his legs in the process. I think KAT won’t have as much defensive pressure on him. He can freelance and focus on offense. I think both teams improve. 

Obviously I don't expect Kessler to be as good as the 3x DPOY.

• Like 1

Wow. I like this trade a lot more for the Jazz than I do the Wolves. I don't think this move gets the Wolves over the hump, yet they traded ALLLL of their assets for Gobert, so now they have no way to get someone who would actually put them over the hump. I think it definitely makes them better, but man. And those picks all being unprotected? Gobert is not enough insurance to me to say that those picks will for sure be late picks. The West is looking so competitive next year (this year's playoff field + Clippers + possibly Lakers with Kyrie + Blazers with Dame actually healthy and - Jazz) that I think it is very realistic the Wolves end up in the play-in and thus the lottery if they lose. And that's just for next year, if they're not having a ton of success the roster will be shaken up and those picks become more and more valuable. They own a T-Wolves pick through 7 years from now. Bonkers. 

They’ll probably be really good but unless Ant turns into D Wade I’m not sure Gobert as your 3rd star gets them over the top as a contender. Mixed feelings on the trade bc they probably gave up more than they should’ve and maybe should have targeted someone else with that kind of package. Goberts impact in the post season just isn’t what you’d hope for a building block. But will be one of the better teams in the league

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm intrigued by Leandro Bolmaro as well, was the 23rd pick in 2020, came over last season from Spain. Struggled as a rookie but played well in the G-League, 6'7" wing with some ball handling/passing.

Had to check in to make sure you're okay :)
No more Rudy! You gonna be able to survive?