Jerry vs Goodell

textaz03

Haven’t seen this convo yet, but this is deserving of its own thread. 

Are you guys paying attention to the feud between Jerry and Goodell? Lot of things coming out about this in last week or so. Lines are starting to be drawn in the sand for other owners. 

There are several owners who are threatening sanctions against Jerry, which may include a fine, loss of draft pick or picks, or the nuclear option of a forced sell of the Cowboys. 

If I could figure out how to paste some tweets, I’d scroll back from today and post a few. But this is something to keep an eye on for a bit.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Haven’t seen this convo yet, but this is deserving of its own thread. 

Are you guys paying attention to the feud between Jerry and Goodell? Lot of things coming out about this in last week or so. Lines are starting to be drawn in the sand for other owners. 

There are several owners who are threatening sanctions against Jerry, which may include a fine, loss of draft pick or picks, or the nuclear option of a forced sell of the Cowboys. 

If I could figure out how to paste some tweets, I’d scroll back from today and post a few. But this is something to keep an eye on for a bit.

Copy tweet address. Paste. Boom. I'd like to see those tweets you speak of. 

All I know is, Jerry has a lot of pull and I wouldn't want him breathing down my neck. 

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I don't know WH. Several owners NOT on his side are pissed.

This is a good point and one I have considered as well. NFL is not in a good place right now for numerous reasons. That's not all on Goodell, but he hasn't helped matters with his massive inconsistencies. Ultimately, I believe (hope) that is enough to get him removed.  

It is interesting the only way Jones gets any traction is if he avoids the issue  if Zeke.  He should have owners in his side regarding the anthem.  And touch maybe other inconsistencies with Goodell in the punishment if played other then a cowboy like AJ Geen getting fine for punching out a guy while others get suspended just for pushy stuff. might be interesting as I think the players union is on his side here maybe.  

The "League" is way out of control. It has become a circus. At this point i don't know if there is any fixing it. I think it will just consume itself and die a slow painful death. It will become a shell of itself. But hey, I'm sure we will still watch.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

The "League" is way out of control. It has become a circus. At this point i don't know if there is any fixing it. I think it will just consume itself and die a slow painful death. It will become a shell of itself. But hey, I'm sure we will still watch.

I won't...I'll find other ways to spend my Sundays, like dog shows.

16 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Yea this isn't going to go well. 

And for whoever thinks this Zeke situation is going to get Goodell "removed" you're kidding yourselves. The story linked here shows Goodell has massively grown the NFL's profits and 31 owners aren't going to vote to boot him because Jerry and Goodell are in a pissing match. 

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

Jerry just put the biggest smile of the week on my face. Effe ya, go get'm. We gotcha back. 

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

And for whoever thinks this Zeke situation is going to get Goodell "removed" you're kidding yourselves. The story linked here shows Goodell has massively grown the NFL's profits and 31 owners aren't going to vote to boot him because Jerry and Goodell are in a pissing match. 

No they won't. But it helped open the door for Jerry to push other issues.  Ratings have taken a huge hit. TV partners are set of lose $500 million. Inconsistent disciplinary actions. The NFL isn't in a good spot right now. That's not entirely on Goodell, but like everything else, the man on top pays the price. 

Ha....at this point just let JJ go untethered. Our season is screwed anyway. Yea....if he goes nuclear the negative affect (the actual team)could run into next season and beyond. But at this point it's clear the league offices in NY are in a state of chaos. Yea, I guess I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salty because it's Elliot, or more that this is happening to "my team". But at this point in my life (age) I don't let a Dallas win or loss dictate my Monday morning mood.

We could all be screwed anyway when the CBA comes around in 4 years. F it, blow this thing up, see where the pieces fall, and put it back together.

Archived